Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is mostly setup. I have read things saying that the 03 is so much faster? I can't see it being that much faster. Has anyone seen some radar speeds and outcomes?
I have my 04 set up pretty damn good but then the darn thing isn't running right so I never even got to run it. Time will tell, because I will find a radar run when I get my running right but i'm just curious.
Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
A few years ago at a radar run me on my 03F7 and my buddy with and 04 F7 were doing the run. (along with other F7's). We were all within a mile an hour in 1000ft. I had 144 studs and he had 153. I always thought they ran real close to the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright now that I believe!! But people saying guys with with the PAC and pipes and clutch kits on the 04 and they still get beat by the 03 I just can't believe. Awesome thanks for the info.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 03 F7 and my father in law has a 04 F7 and we trade off race for race. I have the 1.375" track with 170 studs and he has the 1" track with 153. I think if we had similar tracks it may be a little different because I can only touch about 105 with mine but when I had the 1" i could get it up around 113 or so. Might have traded some top end for the traction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
with my 04 f7 and the way i have it set up, i can hit 108.7 mph on my GPS at 3/4 throttle and the sled was still pulling and i still had rpms to go. all this within a half mile. i'm not braging, it's all in how you maintain your sled and what combinations of after market add ons you use. by my guessing, i could hit 120+ mph with out a problem. just read up on hop ups before you buy. good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts