Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 f7 temp light just randomly started flickering/has a light glow. It ran fine and never got hot just the light was on but very dim and is random sometimes goes off then back dim again but never is bright and no check engine light on????? But like I said the sled never overheated or got hot it ran great!! Anybody know what's causing this?? Bad sensor, wire...???? Any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 03 f7 temp light just randomly started flickering/has a light glow. It ran fine and never got hot just the light was on but very dim and is random sometimes goes off then back dim again but never is bright and no check engine light on????? But like I said the sled never overheated or got hot it ran great!! Anybody know what's causing this?? Bad sensor, wire...???? Any help is appreciated thanks
Anybody know or got any ideas???

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Its a common problem, especially on the 03's but the mystery temp light usually has a dim glow to it rather than a flicker.

If you look at the 6 position wire connector at your hood hinge, you will see a red/wht wire, that is dead ended in that 6 position connector on EFI sleds. This is the wire that is looking for a ground to turn the light on for carbed sleds only. Its not used on EFI sleds, So the temp light, means nothing. No one has ever been able to explain why it happens, but it happens to a few members every year.

The condition usually goes away, the same way it shows up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes your right it is a dim glow. So that light is hooked to nothing? So just ride it and not worry about it?? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Yep, pretty much. A couple of rides in and you'll find it's no longer on. If your sled was truly overheating, your check engine light would start flashing.

I believe that the temp light is being illuminated within the Gauge itself. Seems to come and go with either hours or mileage. Some members have speculated a short in the hood harness on that red/white wire, but that's never been confirmed or found. Mine came on two seasons ago, I searched over that entire harness and found no issues. Has not come on sinse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts