Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 f7 just died when i was riding it no it has no spark and the plugs semm to be white any help would be appreicated i changed new plugs and stil no spark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still don't have spark have a lot of fuel pressure changed coil and still nothin I don't wanna pull out the stator any suggestions

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Have you tried checking for voltage at the coil and fuel pump to verify voltage? If the fuel pump is getting juice but the coil isn't I don't think it is a stator issue. Start chasing wires for shorts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah i got like 42lbs of pressure from my fuel so its possible that i have a short some where. where is the best place to start from?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked my stator had no reading on one side and other side i got 11.8 any body tell me any thing about tis thanks

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Green to brown should be about 16.5 ohms and green to black should be about 16.5 ohms. Is that what you checked on yours?

·
Super Moderator
8,198 Posts
Have you tried checking for voltage at the coil and fuel pump to verify voltage? If the fuel pump is getting juice but the coil isn't I don't think it is a stator issue. Start chasing wires for shorts.

fuel pump is on a separate winding on the stator from the ignition. a bad stator could be causing his issue

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Green to brown should be about 16.5 ohms and green to black should be about 16.5 ohms. Is that what you checked on yours?
Yah that's the one I checked all I got was 11.8 and other side nothin the one with the 3 prong

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
It just happens. Not as often on these as it does on the older ones. These are high performance machines and the ignition portion has lots of strain on it. Over time the coating of the wire will break down and short out resulting in a meltdown. Likely nothing to do with your sled, but make sure grounds are all tight and clean and that should help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It just happens. Not as often on these as it does on the older ones. These are high performance machines and the ignition portion has lots of strain on it. Over time the coating of the wire will break down and short out resulting in a meltdown. Likely nothing to do with your sled, but make sure grounds are all tight and clean and that should help.

ok thanks alot

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i have a question, if i put underglow on my sled and spliced into head light. Would it fry my whole snowmobile. The servo went on it and i replaced that and it worked and then my motor blew and got that rebuilt, got 100 miles on it and it just died. Do you think everything electrical on it quit. I unpluged the under glow after the servo went and never pluged them back in. I hope i didnt fry my electric system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts