Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 F7 would not rev past 5000 rpm. I suspected a fuel problem. Had a huge amount of water in my fuel tank. I drain the tank and put some fresh fuel in. I ran it for about 1 mile and it was still acting up. I then thought that I had bad fuel in the pump or pickup. I added some fuel deicer and injector cleaner. Now it won't start at all. I have spark and I replaced the spark plugs. I think the fuel pump has calfed. I took off the line that feeds the injector fuel rail, and pulled it over. Should fuel pump spray out? nothing came out. Is there a way to check if the the fuel pump is working?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Mike thew Spyke

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you check the smart valves in the tank with all the water they may have sucked shut. Just a thought . Try a fuel pressure guage if you have one.
GOOD LUCK MAN !

·
Registered
102 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikethespyke @ Jan 19 2007, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My 2003 F7 would not rev past 5000 rpm. I suspected a fuel problem. Had a huge amount of water in my fuel tank. I drain the tank and put some fresh fuel in. I ran it for about 1 mile and it was still acting up. I then thought that I had bad fuel in the pump or pickup. I added some fuel deicer and injector cleaner. Now it won't start at all. I have spark and I replaced the spark plugs. I think the fuel pump has calfed. I took off the line that feeds the injector fuel rail, and pulled it over. Should fuel pump spray out? nothing came out. Is there a way to check if the the fuel pump is working?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Mike thew Spyke[/b]
check your smart valves in the fuel pickup line in the tank. yes fuel should come out the removed line when you are pulling over. you could also try hooking 12vdc from a battery to the fuel pump connector is under hood on tank, this will tell you for sure if pump is working or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did as per Jeffh62 and put 12v power dirrectly to the fuel pump. It pumped fuel, so I hooked the fuel line back up to the fuel rail and then pre primmed the pump by hooking up the 12v again. I then hooked the fuel pump connector and things fired up. I went for a quick ride and everything seems fine. I suspect that I had an air lock from when I drain the fuel. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanx Guys,

Mike the Spyke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts