Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think im gonna run ods clutch kit and leave sled semi stock. Thought bout modding my f7 a bit but everyones kinda scared me outa it.

pipe is fine, but you wont find much out of it unless you load with weight, by the time your done ull get like 4 hp on an efi, and 700 dollars outta ur wallet..... i suspect ur secondary is worn the inner bushing.. how many miles, and whats thwe compression.... im not trying to burst your bubble, but the timing is just scary on an 03 i think

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pipe is fine, but you wont find much out of it unless you load with weight, by the time your done ull get like 4 hp on an efi, and 700 dollars outta ur wallet..... i suspect ur secondary is worn the inner bushing.. how many miles, and whats thwe compression.... im not trying to burst your bubble, but the timing is just scary on an 03 i think
Ur not bustin my bubble, rather be safe than sorry. Had a bunch of guys tell me that a 2.5 key is great for a 03. Im gonna get a clutch kit tho. Im goin ods seein how im gonna stay semi stock. Maybe ill resell the timing key. Is a pipe or y pipe worth puttin on a 03? Or the fuel reducer?? Just wanna make the f7 a rocket and pull like a frieght train

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ur not bustin my bubble, rather be safe than sorry. Had a bunch of guys tell me that a 2.5 key is great for a 03. Im gonna get a clutch kit tho. Im goin ods seein how im gonna stay semi stock. Maybe ill resell the timing key. Is a pipe or y pipe worth puttin on a 03? Or the fuel reducer?? Just wanna make the f7 a rocket and pull like a frieght train

dont spend money on a reducer, find a used boondocker, and add fuel ad 6700 too 7100, then take off fuel att 7800 and up.. fuel reducers are scary. ods kit is gr8 if you leave er stock !!! but theres not alot to be gained of 03 clutching if everything is working right

·
Registered
78 Posts
I called Bikeman and they setup a kit to my needs. They said a powercommander is better than the boondocker so that is what I went with.

Powercommander
Stealth Pipe
Y pipe, with EGT bungs
2.5 key
Clutch kit with adjustable weights

After taking the clutch off about 4 times and playing with the weights the pull is insane. Ran against my buddy with a Tcat 1000 and they ran neck and neck. If you have any questions, give them a call and they will set you up with what you need and no extras that are just bling and noise.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
NOt trying to bash brands here. I garentea D&D with magnaforce adjustable weights will blow the ODS out of the water. The weight profile is much more aggressive. It is a straight line kit . And you can also drive it on the trails still, it will just act alittle different.

Again, its what you want out of the sled, If you want quick back shift and trail perfomance. For sure go with ODS. If you want to win races and impress people. D&D with Magnaforce..

Good luck man.

Again that's my opinion...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.