Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a reoccuring problem with my F-7 EFI. It started lst night when I was driving it and then it went down to one cylinder. I put 2 new plugs in and it ran fine for about 10 minutes then dropped to one cylinder again. Put 2 more plugs in and again it fouled out the same plug. Where would I start on this issue? After pulling the plugs out they look fine, but it still keeps fouling the same plug out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How many miles on it? It could be a reed petal, fuel injector , or coil. I would check the reed petal first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has about 1300 miles. i just drained the gas & put fresh gas in but still getting the same result.

·
Registered
568 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ricko_49 @ Mar 2 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It has about 1300 miles. i just drained the gas & put fresh gas in but still getting the same result.[/b]
Check the plug (rubber) cap. really look inside good.
10 bucks says its shot. Age catches up with rubber before the miles do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put 2 new plug caps on, cleaned the power valves, put new plugs in and it ran good until I tried to open up the throttle, then I noticed the change again. Now it only gets to about 50 MPH. It has ok low end power, not the same as it should tho'.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I went a picked up a used coil from a 2002 ZL 500 and plugged it in, works like new. Seems to have a little more snap than before, maybe the old coil was going bad slowly so I didn't notice. Also learned that the ZL coils are the same as firecats? THey just look different due to mounting position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.