Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out riding last night and first lost brakes stopped to look at my sled was on fire and I don't know why. upon closer look my 2 stroke oil had to be leaking because it was almost empty. I got the fire out disconnected the oil pump and then ran premix to get it home. Does anyone have any ideas on what cause this and how I may get my brakes working again it looks like there is still fluid in the master cylinder when I open the hood the brake rotor was red hot. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Combustible stuff reaches kindling temp, stuff burns!

In all seriousness, if your rotor was glowing red, then the brake was obviously dragging. I venture to guess one of two culprits: either the pads got wedged in the caliper as to be holding, or the rubber section of the brake line is failing internally. What may have happened in the rubber section (I've had this happen on a few cars/ trucks) is a chunk of the line inside separates and acts like a check valve with the brake fluid. The brakes apply, but the pressure can't bleed back to the master cylinder because of the flap in the hose blocking the flow on the inside of the line. I know this seems kind of unusual, but I've had it happen before.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah they would lol I always set my park brake when I shut sled off. One time I switched sleds with a buddy and just when I remembered I forgot to tell him and them he took off I was on his poolaris so couldmt catch him he drove with it on for about mile and a half. Had no brakes for awhile after due to brake fade from heat. Wore out pads and a broken helix it cost me lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.