Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up north over the wknd and I noticed my sled really bogging down at a idle. I disconnected the throttle pos. sensor. It seemed to make a huge difference. the sled ran great after that. I was wondering. Is it going to wreck the sled in any way if I leave it disconnected? or should I look into getting a New tps?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
on the efi u set the idle at about .5 to .6 ohms i would start there and check your plugs alot the first ride

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a 800 carb. what do I set the meter tool at? theres 6 different settings for ohms? Then do I just put the leads on the out side prongs on the tps?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright I figured it out you got to set it at 20k on the ohm meter. And to help anyone else out there you put the black tester toward the front of the sled and the red on the center prong. I got some specs. from the dealer.
600cc idle position 0.64v and WOT 3.575-3.937v and the 700cc and 800cc idle position 0.64- 0.71v and WOT 3.575-3.937v
That's what my sled needed it runs GREAT now!! thanks for all the help guy's I like this site!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
no prob glad it worked out for ya i battled a bad tps for 500 miles and half the season befor i tracked it down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts