Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this sled last year pretty cheap. It is only my second sled but I had a blast with it and never want to get rid of it. I had to put a clutch and head gasket in it. rode great until my last ride of the season. My brake caliper started sticking. I can not seem to find a caliper or rebuild kit. Does anyone have a link for it?

I am also looking for bar risers. How big can I go with out needing cable extensions and best ones to get?

Lastly I am looking to put reverse back in it. I was loading it mid season and it kind of exploded but a buddy had zr gears to throw back in it just to ride and it worked great. But I miss having reverse for unloading.

Any help would be very much appreciated as i am kind of new to this sport and with hours of looking i have not found what I need.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You will have to order new pistons and seals for the caliper. The pistons are likely pitted and catching on the seals. I rebuilt 2 Wilwood calipers last year and I ordered the Wilwood part numbers...much cheaper than ordering from Cat.
Wilwood piston part # - 200-7528
Wilwood seal kit part # (4 pack) - 130-2655

The stock bar riser is 4 inches and you can put a 6 inch riser on without needing cable extensions. However, you may need to change the routing of your current cables to make it work.

Are any of the parts from your old reverse kit still good? You will likely have to source replacement parts used on ebay or from a wreckers. If you need the entire kit, that will be expensive. They are getting harder to find and there is still a demand for them. Used reverse kits tend to go for $300-$600.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake parts ordered. Thank you!

4" riser as in the stock bars are 4" rise and using a 6" riser if I go to straight bars?
So if I use the stock bars I can do a 2"rise?

Trying to find the old parts to get the numbers..I know they are around here somewhere🤦‍♂️😂

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Brake parts ordered. Thank you!

4" riser as in the stock bars are 4" rise and using a 6" riser if I go to straight bars?
So if I use the stock bars I can do a 2"rise?

Trying to find the old parts to get the numbers..I know they are around here somewhere🤦‍♂️😂

Correct, you can add 2 more inches, so going with a 6 inch riser is max for the cables.

You might want to search eBay for "Arctic Cat bar riser" and sort through the results. I found this one:
It gives the part number 0605-491 and when I cross referenced the part number on the online parts lookup, it says its an optional 5.44 inch riser. YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts