Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 ZL 600 EFI bogs out at 50mph or full throttle under load. If I throw the sled up on a stand and run it wide open it runs perfectly fine. Was told it was a tps sensor. Put a new sensor on and had the exact same issue making me believe it was not the sensor. Help much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Have you tried bypassing the Throttle safety system? You do that by simply unplugging the 3 wire connector comming from the thumb throttle (plug is usually by the steering column) If that does not help, go to the pinned section of this forum and look for a post on how to test your Stator, which you do by using an Ohmmeter to check resistances. Your stator has a high speed winding and a low speed winding. It is possible the high speed winding is bad.

It could also actually be a clutch problem. Look them over closely for crooked weights, broken springs, etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Could possibly be the smart vales in the gas tank my grandsons was acting somewhat the same and I found a couple drops of water on the smart valves, cleaned them up problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts