Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2002 Pantera 600EFI with 2500 miles on it for free. It is a one owner sled and runs great but like everything there is a catch. It sat outside for 4 years. The seats are a mess.

I would like to do one of 2 things.

1st choice would be to retro fit a 1 up seat from a different cat as I am looking to use it as a off trail stand up sled.

2nd choice is if I can't find a seat that fits I will need to recover the stock seats.

Does anyone know what other cat seats will fit this tank and tunnel?

Where can I find stock seat covers if I need them? After market covers would work as well.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The pantera I believe had a one piece seat with the gas tank (If anything like my 02 panther 570.) The only way to get a new seat on there is to buy a seat AND gas tank assembly.
Looking at the seats on brownsleisureworld.com looks like the pantera seat mount and tank are completely different.

Go to brownsleisureworld.com if you are just going with the re-cover option and get the part numbers. Then you can either order them from there or you local cat shop.
Happy trails! kyle.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
You could cut the seat base from the tank and then make a custom seat like I did on my 2002 mountain cat in the attached picture. There is a link in my signature to the build that shows more detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could cut the seat base from the tank and then make a custom seat like I did on my 2002 mountain cat in the attached picture. There is a link in my signature to the build that shows more detail.
No offense but that looks to be a tad bit thin for the supports... To all 260 pounds of me at least haha.. How does that hold up? Looks pretty cool though.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
No offense but that looks to be a tad bit thin for the supports... To all 260 pounds of me at least haha.. How does that hold up? Looks pretty cool though.

The supports are 3/4" steel conduit and are plenty strong. I am 220 pounds and ride hard and have had no problems at all. The tube frame is very sturdy having taken my full weight on many landings from jumps that were less than perfect. I built an entire airplane out of 4130 tube of smaller diameter and thinner wall tubing. Granted that was 4130 tubing, but I have no reservations about this seat at all.

If you still don't like that, you could alter to suit your taste, but all of the tubes are in compression an are angled to aid in stiffness of the seat. Although I didn't do calculations on it I am an engineer and would consider this seat over-engineered.

In my previous post I mentioned the seat build, but the link I was thinking about didn't have the seat details. Here they are.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/z-z...gar/304814-2002-mountain-cat-custom-seat.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
The pantera I believe had a one piece seat with the gas tank (If anything like my 02 panther 570.) The only way to get a new seat on there is to buy a seat AND gas tank assembly.
Looking at the seats on brownsleisureworld.com looks like the pantera seat mount and tank are completely different.

Go to brownsleisureworld.com if you are just going with the re-cover option and get the part numbers. Then you can either order them from there or you local cat shop.
Happy trails! kyle.
It should be a two piece seat, I believe 01 and newer where all two piece

·
Registered
39 Posts
It should be a two piece seat, I believe 01 and newer where all two piece

No, it is a two piece seat. I just checked because I was really doubting myself. The board that the foam hooks onto is attached to the gas tank. To my knowledge all the zr3 chassis seats were hooked to the tank.
What this means is you cannot simply purchase a seat and bolt it on. You need to fasten the fom and cover onto the board that is attached to the gas tank.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
No, it is a two piece seat. I just checked because I was really doubting myself. The board that the foam hooks onto is attached to the gas tank. To my knowledge all the zr3 chassis seats were hooked to the tank.
What this means is you cannot simply purchase a seat and bolt it on. You need to fasten the fom and cover onto the board that is attached to the gas tank.
Good luck :)

Not all were attached to the gas tank. At least the 2003 and up mountain cats and king cats had separate seats and gas tanks. On the 2002 in that picture I just cut the seat base from the tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry if I'm late to the dance on this subject but...

I had to replace my seat this past year due to a seam tear. Found a great deal on ebay for the tank and integrated seat and pulled the trigger. Got the seat and found that I f'ed up because I didn't noticed the efi tank and the poster did not mention it was for an efi. Anyway, silk purse out of a sows ear, we carefully removed the staples for the new seat, removed the foam tie downs and proceeded to place the efi seat and foam on the original aspirated tank. Looks awesome and I have no experience with this type of work. Sidebar...anyone need a very nice black cherry efi gas tank for a 2002 GT Pantera and some lightly stained foam?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did you ever get the seat on this straightened out?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that.

When you're ready I saw a few seats on ebay that would work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm very sorry to hear that.

When you're ready I saw a few seats on ebay that would work.
I lost my 13 year old son so that brought everything to a stop. I am just now getting to the point were I can think about things like sleds and dirt bikes.

I would like to see your links however.

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My sympathies to you and your family

The 2 that I saw on ebay are gone but there will be more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.