Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Checked the other sensor in my 600 I have an infinite reading. So that option is out. I wonder what would happen if I just disconnected the sensor altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
installed a used sensor that was similar to the specs i have on my original sensor. Was told it was off a running sled. STill have the bog, and yes i can repeat it all day long. Fyi if you disconnect the sensor while the sled is running and then shut it off it will not start again. I think the issue is somewhere else and unplugging the coolant sensor is just masking the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Checked the other sensor in my 600 I have an infinite reading. So that option is out. I wonder what would happen if I just disconnected the sensor altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That's normal, its for the dummy light on the cluster. It closes when the it reads above a certain temp. Haven't found any documents that say what temp that is, but that's what it's for.

installed a used sensor that was similar to the specs i have on my original sensor. Was told it was off a running sled. STill have the bog, and yes i can repeat it all day long. Fyi if you disconnect the sensor while the sled is running and then shut it off it will not start again. I think the issue is somewhere else and unplugging the coolant sensor is just masking the issue.
We will see. I swapped the sensor today. Sled seems to be fixed, but I haven't rode it yet. I'm going out soon, but at first glance the issue seems to be gone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
any news?
Bad/confusing news. Rode this weekend. It seemed great at first. No hesitation, easy starting, etc. Ran normal. 20 miles later it's back to doing the same thing. Unplugged the coolant sensor while it was running and back to being fine again. I think the affect of unplugging the coolant sensor just bandaid's whatever the real issue is. Once I shut it down it wouldn't start again until after I plugged the sensor back in. Similar to what you experienced earlier.

Got a baby on the way (1 month away from due date as of today) so I think I'm summer-izing the sleds this coming weekend. Just not going to have time to ride it until next year. Planning to make time this summer to pull it all apart and check reeds and other potential problems. Also will be selling it after that. The insurance on this one sled is more than any of the other 4 sleds we have insured.

Did you ever get a chance to replace your reed valves?

Try checking reeds for crack or missing pedals
I'll check them this summer :/

·
Registered
41 Posts
i replaced my reeds and put a used sensor in and no real change. i just dont idle around at 3000 rpm lol, and insurance on my sled is cheaper than on my fusion 900.

·
Registered
41 Posts
only keeping the sled around until i can get my new to me pro ride 2012 Polaris switchback. Then i will look into long tracking it from the 136 to a 144 and sell the cat to buy my 9 yr old daughter a proper sled for her age... Thinking a thunder cat for her lol. and Kids are overrated. Sell them"the kids" While they are still cute. Don't make my mistake and say hey it looks cute lets keep it. First time shame on her second time shame on me lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i replaced my reeds and put a used sensor in and no real change. i just dont idle around at 3000 rpm lol, and insurance on my sled is cheaper than on my fusion 900.
Dang so now it's not coolant temp, iat, or Reed valves?

Running out of things to check here man lol.

Hahahahaha it'll be fun I'm excited for the baby to be here

41 - 50 of 50 Posts