Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i was having problems with my sled a few months ago, that i thought might be causing the lack of rpm problem. Ive since fixed them (power valve cable, and restrictive air filter) but still am having the revving issue, which i am certain has to due with my clutches. The engine will rev quickly to 7500, then fall to around 6800-7000rpm, about a thousand under what it should be. The primary has a new yellow spring, and the secondary has a red spring. Is there any other combo of spring/weights i could use to get to the 8000-8100 rpm range that would really make this thing act like it should? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
what weights do you have?
track length?
our mt cat has yellow green spring primary and red whiye spring 2ndry runs fine 71.5 weights
sea level
what jets do you have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have to check to see what weights, but the sled is EFI with a 144" track, and i am currently running it around 6-8000 ft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
had same thing on my 900efi, 04. mine blew today found a pin hole size gap in the bottom head gasket, not sure how long it was there but something to check.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Higher altitude = Lighter weights. Too heavy of weights and your clutch compresses too quickly, like upshifting too early with a standard. Does it get to higher rpm on hard packed trails?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts