Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again. This summer it seems this machine is determined to break. Or just break the bank.

So after replacing the voltage regulator I tested it out on the trails. If I let it idle too long it will shut off and won't start for a bit. (The warning light doesn't come on. )
I figured the thermostat was bad, so i replaced it and topped it off and it's still doing the same. I tested both and they both work.

Anyone experience this? The radiator is not plugged, although the winch does restrict airflow. I didn't have any issues last summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Cooling system could be plugged internally or pump not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Have u pulled the fan and cleaned the rad or at lease got ahose up in the front and cleaned it until water is running clean? Even if you do not ride in mud fine dust will build up in the rad and plug up the fins

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update time.

Pulled the front apart to check the radiator. Could see through it easily, it's not packed or dirty. Cleaned it anyway. Pulled a quart of coolant and added distilled water. Ran it a couple miles up the road and back at WOT. Parked it and let it idle for almost 20 minutes, ran fine, never cut out. Later in the day drove it for a minute then let it idle for a couple minutes and the throttle started cycling up and down, then it stalled and wouldn't restart. Im freakin sick of this thing. No God damn clue what's wrong, seems electrical at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
After re reading your original post are you sure its overheating? Do you have access to a temp gun to get a proper temp reading? Looking at the original post it may be a electrical component over heating especially if you have no warning light coming on in the dash..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After re reading your original post are you sure its overheating? Do you have access to a temp gun to get a proper temp reading? Looking at the original post it may be a electrical component over heating especially if you have no warning light coming on in the dash..
It was only doing it when warmed up before and usually idling for a few minutes. It seems to be doing it more frequently and not only when hot now. I have an ir gun somewhere. I'll have to find it and put new batteries in it.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Check voltage at the battery when it’s running

1 - 12 of 12 Posts