Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the dial adjust system with a shock and reservoir only. Last I remember jury was out on whether you can modify the dial adjust to just be a remote reservoir shock.

Anyone have a shock to unload or seen one elsewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
ZRrrr,

Had the same issues with my 600 CCE and man is it frustrating. I am still using the orginal shock as I didn't want to front the cash after having all my shocks rebuilt to buy a new one. I just had the guy who rebuilds mine cap off the end then just take the dial and hoses off and you still have the reservoir. It has worked just fine for the past couple seasons with no issues. I do notice the hose getting smashed a little by the rails so not sure how the rectify this but haven't had the time to look at it. I also ended up selling my dial adjust and hoses for 50 bucks. Good Luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That thing was the biggest pain in the A$$!! I punctured the hose one time and then had it rebuilt only to have it happen again so just got pissed and got rid of it. Was nice while it lastest but when you have to pull the whole skid twice in one season to have that one shock rebuilt its enought to make one mad. Just make sure your hose isn't rubbing on anything and is tied down properly and hopefully you will be fine.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Since doing the separator piston update and tying the hoses down properly mine has been dead nuts reliable.................will never own a sled without it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just disconnected the line and capped it. Seems to be working good.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the update done, and enjoyed the dial adjust for the first couple years. Just tired of it, and with the new skis/Shapers I don't find myself using it much anymore. I can setup the suspension no problem to work as good or better than the dial adjust. Conditions don't change enough around here to warrant keeping it on. Would like to get rid of one more thing that can break and get rid of the weight associated.

I know you can just plug it off, but the piston seperator assembly will still be inside the shock. This was my concern, whether it would hinder the performance or not?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
If you go reservoir, you might as well go with a "clicker". When I built mine I added a "clicker" and I love the damn thing. That little bit of compression adjustability is sure nice.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
ZRrrr,

Shoot me a PM if you decide to get rid of the Dial-Adjust. I may be interested, been considering it for my '02 800.

Thanks,
Z-Rider

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
There ya go, sell it to him and get a decent shock built for yourself. Go with Deycore, and get a stainless shaft. He probably has one laying around you could just add a reservoir to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.