Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just picked up a 2002 375 Auto 4x4 for my wife and daughter. Has low miles and figured it would be great for them. It had an electrical short that I fixed, new belt, and repaired the boot between carb and airbox. It is not running well past half throttle. Starts and idles well, revs up in neutral well, however , under load it bogs down and sputters around half throttle, or just before. I took the carb out and cleaned it all. I am wondering if it is running rich as the plug keeps getting black soot. Should I try turning air screw in a bit to lean it out? Valve lash is good, new plug, tried timing it but oil was splattering everywhere out of the inspection hole. Kind of at a loss and a little frustrated.... have also tried without gas cap on , and a few other things.... any advice would be great.

·
Administrator
39,129 Posts
Was the diaphragm seated correctly , no rips?
Did clean every single piece of the carb thoroughly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soaked overnight. Compressed air and a re assemble... just finished putting it all back together and it works. Think it was the air inlet port on the carb half way up on filter side. I drained the tank as well but all the internals fell to the bottom on the tank... next job I guess.

·
Administrator
39,129 Posts
Good to hear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts