Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can hear neutral safety relay click. There is 12v at starter relay. There is nothing on hot wire coming from neutral safety relay. You can jump starter realy and it will crank. What am I missing ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Make sure the neutral switch hasn't stuck on reverse. What light is on when you turn on the key? Neutral or reverse? It wont start on reverse just in neutral.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Try tapping on the solenoid lightly with a hammer and see if it works. also check the 2 prong connector that goes into the solenoid. Make sure its connected and free of corrosion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a new starter relay and a new neutral safety switch on it. When I put a test light on the neutral relay the wire coming from switch lights up. The wire going to starter relay goes to this neutral relay no voltage is going to wire when I push start button. When I tested wires the other two wires seem to be grounds. My neutral relay has 4 prongs one is from starter button,one goes to starter solenoid, the other two when I put a ohm meter on them had resistence on them when I tested them. Do you know where the other two wires go ? Can I just jump the wire going to relay and hook wire directly to solenoid ? This one has me stumped !!! Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Hello

Just got a used Arctic Cat 400 2x4 and the R light is on and the electric start wont work. Cant get the N light to come on. Help please, thanks
Maybe start your own thread instead of posting in an eight year old thread. Do t forget to post your year too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a new starter relay and a new neutral safety switch on it. When I put a test light on the neutral relay the wire coming from switch lights up. The wire going to starter relay goes to this neutral relay no voltage is going to wire when I push start button. When I tested wires the other two wires seem to be grounds. My neutral relay has 4 prongs one is from starter button,one goes to starter solenoid, the other two when I put a ohm meter on them had resistence on them when I tested them. Do you know where the other two wires go ? Can I just jump the wire going to relay and hook wire directly to solenoid ? This one has me stumped !!! Thanks for your help.
What ended up being the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts