Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a reverse gear & it ended up taking a small chunk out of the case, not the cover. Is a standard non-reverse case the same as one with reverse? I know the covers are different but I was hoping the case's were the same. Thanks in advance for the help.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, so this might be stupid (or lack of reverse dropcase knowledge), But how do I get the bottom gears out? It looks like the retainer for the shaft extension has a allen key style built into it. If this is the case it would be one big hex key. Any info is great. I appreciate all you input!

· Banned
1,664 Posts
okay, so this might be stupid (or lack of reverse dropcase knowledge), But how do I get the bottom gears out? It looks like the retainer for the shaft extension has a allen key style built into it. If this is the case it would be one big hex key. Any info is great. I appreciate all you input!
I have cut 1 inch off a craftsman 1/2 inch chisel in a pinch, Then you can stick the piece of chisel in the reverse adapter and use a box end 1/2 wrench or a 1/2 inch socket to get it off, Larger pipe wrench will work also, but be careful you don't booger up the end
Mike

· Registered
4,401 Posts
109jb, I went & got the 5/16" coupling nut & it is too small. It is like 2 or 3 sizes to small. Looks like I will have to go back out & just buy the big allen wrenches
Did you get one with 5/16" thread or a 5/16" hex. A 5/16 THREAD will be a 1/2" hex on the outside.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it did say 5/16 thread on the outside of the plastic. I am gonna try to find a big allen head tomorrow as Lowe's tool dept stinks. In all the manuals it shows a cap screw holding this in & in the pictures they show a long socket going throught the retainer, but that seems to be impossible with the set-up I have.

· Premium Member
458 Posts
You have the reverse kit. Factory has the shorter spring retainer and a bolt.

Be aware that you also need to transfer the bolt from the old inside case half that holds the idler gear rod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts