Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of riser is best for an 01 mountain cat? Powermadd and sled solutions both have some that say they would work. I like the Powermadd ones but do I need the Pivot Adapter? Anyone have risers on their sled that has a suggestion? I am looking for 3-5" Thanks

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I do an RSI bar conversion on every sled I get.
RSI post adapter (lowest one made)
6" riser
RSI race bend bars 1" taper down to 7/8"
You will have to install new grips and heaters. I use RSI heaters cause they work nice!
You will also need a split throttle assembly off a 02 or newer ZR if you run a hooked bar. You can use YOUR throttle block if you are not going with hooked bars.
That combo puts the bars 1" higher than the stock mountain bars. Just right for me.Stock 01 bars and block are at 6"

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What angle is the steering post at? Yours looks very nice but it sounds a little more $$ than what I'd like to see. PowerMadd has a pivot adapter that lifts it straight up or they have a $40 block that just bolts onto the steering post. But they dont have an adapter so it would push the bars back unless the steering post is only at a 15 degree angle.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
What angle is the steering post at? Yours looks very nice but it sounds a little more $$ than what I'd like to see. PowerMadd has a pivot adapter that lifts it straight up or they have a $40 block that just bolts onto the steering post. But they dont have an adapter so it would push the bars back unless the steering post is only at a 15 degree angle.

My setup was a bit costly. Your bars are just as high as the setup I have. What are you looking to gain or change?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
go with the angle block, but I don't think the bolts line up with the steering post holes....never bought one to compare
It would put them straight up

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
If you want the absolute best setup then forget everything mentioned already and get a wildchild or cr racing forward mount steering post. This moves the post forward of the crossbar giving a more vertical post like modern sleds. In the attached picture of my 2002 mountain cat you csn see how the top pivot is moved forward. I made my forward post, and have used both the stock post eith s ngled risers and the firward post with rusers and in my opinion the forward post is one of the best mods you can do to these sleds

Land vehicle Vehicle Snowmobile Motorsport Car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts