Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sled runs fine until you give it some and then it starts to sound like its hitting a rev limiter. It doesnt bog, but it just stops accelerating and starts sounding all choppy. I was looking at the power valves, and im thinking that the motor that operates them might be toast. i can pull on the cables and hear the valves open and close, but if i rev it up and watch where the cables hook in, it never moves, not even a little. anyone got any ideas? its got good lower end power, and i can drive around up to 6000 and have the skis lift up with ease. is there a way to test the motor?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i put the ohmeter to it and cranked it clockwise, the meter sat at 0. is there sposed to be a point where the servo shaft stops rotating? how do i put 12v to the black/red or red/black? where do i ground it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MCat600 @ Feb 25 2007, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
when i put the ohmeter to it and cranked it clockwise, the meter sat at 0. is there sposed to be a point where the servo shaft stops rotating? how do i put 12v to the black/red or red/black? where do i ground it?[/b]
nope you can turn that shaft round and round forever. what the ecu does is count the difference in resistance from where it starts to pull the valves open to where it cant pull any more. this is why when the cables arent adjusted right they dont work or go into fault mode...not enough or too much of a turn as it were. if youre not reading any resistance at all my guess is the pots bad. to power the motor you ground one of those black reds and positive to the other. remember do not put power across the pot wiring

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the motor works, but i think the cables might be stretched. another page said that a 600 twin is supposed to have 32.1 - 34.1mm of cable exposed, and i cant get them both to be short enough. is that possible?

·
Registered
22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MCat600 @ Feb 25 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well the motor works, but i think the cables might be stretched. another page said that a 600 twin is supposed to have 32.1 - 34.1mm of cable exposed, and i cant get them both to be short enough. is that possible?[/b]
did you get resistance readings from the variable resistor? have you cleaned the valves? when you pull on a cable it should snap right back when you let it go so youll hear a solid clunk when it hits bottom at the jug...steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we did get readings... the valves were removed and cleaned, the top end was just redone ( i think it might have blown as a result of the power valves). and i can hear the valves open and close fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they said it should be done by friday but no promises, ill let u know what they find out as soon as i hear from them

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the adjusted the throttle cable at first to see if there was an issue with a sensor in there, but that didnt work so they wound up replacing the servo motor and the guy said "that thing flies". im pumped to pick it up tomorrow because i've never ridden that thing when it was working right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts