Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Got back from Island Pond, VT on Sunday (which has some pretty good trails right now, so if you want to ride, head up there) after adding some goodies to my sled. I was anxious to try out the mods I put on my 2000 ZR 600 carb over the summer. I added D&D twin pipes with the single canister, a D&D power breather, V-Force 3 reeds, and the D&D grass drag clutch kit (I had intended to do some drags, but time didn't allow it). I also swapped out my stock 350 jets for 390 and pilots are now 25 I think. The problem I am having is that my sled tops out at 95 mph, while in stock form was able to do 100-105 (going by my spedo here). I'm almost certian the culprit is that my clutch kit is made for the powerband to be at the low end since it's made for grass drags. If I recall, I have a green primary spring, black secondary, and as for helix and weight specs, I really dont know. The clutch engages around 5500 rpms and tops around 8600 rpms. Does this seem right? Or is something wrong with my sled? Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and just to poke fun, I went up with 3 other people, all with EFI sleds. Guess who's sled started first? :D

Thanks,
-Dan

·
Registered
398 Posts
For starters I would try the stock helix or something around a 56-44 helix. Your springs sound about right for your set up so I'm thinking the helix isn't allowing full shiftout. The other thing you can do is to mark your clutches with a black marker to see if the belt is riding all the way up in the primary or dropping all the way down in the secondary. The peak RPMS don't seem to bad....I believe they are supposed to be 8400-8600.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.