Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need a little advise...I decided to chain my chaincase oil and have it apart and the mess cleaned up. I'm ready to reassemble the chaincase cover to the fixed part. My question is: What do I do with the shifting fork? Does is just sit in the down position as I tighten the bolts? Any other tips or info on this job would be appreciated. I done it before with my sons 580, but it doesn't have reverse.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
You have to get the ears on the fork in-between the gear and the stack of large washers that are held to the bottom gear with a snap ring. Can be a little tricky the first time you do it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Could have drained it without taking the cover off. Should have taken some pictures first. Hope you put the spacers back in the right way. The fork hangs down. When you have it back together take the drive belt off and rotate the track by hand and shift the trans to see if it works properly.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The drain plug goes through the tunnel. You have to reach under and undo it.

As for the fork. Hold it out with your finger and instead of just putting the cover straight on start with it up above the gears and lower the fork between them as 109jb described. You'll be able to tell if you have it in the correct position if you move the shift lever assembly. If it's not correct it will move freely. If its in the right position you'll be able to feel the resistance of it agains the gears.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts