Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I’d pass this along in case someone runs into a similar issue...at 3000 miles .

During my last trip the power valves were acting odd- at times they wouldn’t open fully or were slow to open. Eventually they were not fully closing. No codes. Found the PTO side power valve return spring broken - a couple coils of the spring were broke.

The local dealer had none- found a nearly identical spring at the local hardware store to get me through the day. Runs perfect now. New springs on order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I’d pass this along in case someone runs into a similar issue...at 3000 miles .

During my last trip the power valves were acting odd- at times they wouldn’t open fully or were slow to open. Eventually they were not fully closing. No codes. Found the PTO side power valve return spring broken - a couple coils of the spring were broke.

The local dealer had none- found a nearly identical spring at the local hardware store to get me through the day. Runs perfect now. New springs on order.
What was it doing exactly? Please explain like we are all 8yrs old, or a girl, lol

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
It is a common on those springs. When the spring goes the blades can hang and make the sled lazy. They still work they just don’t snap closed like they should

1 - 3 of 3 Posts