well it's finally going so now its time to accessorize it - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Sled: 1999 ZR700
06-07 Mileage: 83 so far (just got it running)
well i finally got the zr going again last night. i disconnected the TSS and it didnt help the bog i got when i hit the throttle so then i threw a fuel filter in it (i got a nice 2 piece serviceable billet aluminum one that a friend got for me through his work, its actually ment to be for hydraulics but it has 1/4 inlet and outlet and filters actually a little finer then a fuel filter) so i threw that in and still didnt fix it but now it wouldnt even start unless i dribble a little gas/oil mix in the spark plug holes and then it would just burn that off and die so i did somemore looking and found a huge air pocket in the fuel line right before the fuel pump that i guess that pump just couldnt pass it so i purged that out and pulled it and it started on about a half a pull and runs perfectly with the plugs a nice medium brown color.

but my question is, what is the largest handle bar riser i can put on a 99 zr700 without buying extended brake lines or cables or anything? i would like to go with a 4 inch but if i need extended lines and stuff then i think ill go with a 2 as long as i dont need the lines for that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Sled: none, old one decided to die
on my '98 600 3 1/2" but I think I could have fit 4 if I wanted to.

1998 ZR 600 EFI LE

Eric
post #3 of 5 Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Sled: 04 F7 Std, 99 Zr700, 96 Cougar,93 ext
07-08 Mileage: 2000
06-07 Mileage: 500
ATV: 98 cr 250
2007 Mileage: ?
I have a 3.5 as well, but I found out this weekend risers are nice right up to the point that you fall off your sled, if you hit the bars you can bend the steering shaft easily as your able to put more torque to it, now I have to see if I can straighten it out some how, lesson learned I guess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Sled: 1999 ZR700
06-07 Mileage: 83 so far (just got it running)
alright thanks guys i appreciate the input. i was hoping to go with a 4 but maybe ill just get a 3.5 to be on the safe side since its a sure thing that it works without longer lines and cables and i dont think i'll really notice a half inch anyways. where did you guys get your risers from? also how much did they cost and what kind are they? thanks a bunch.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-03-2007, 01:02 PM

Sled: 04 F7 Std, 99 Zr700, 96 Cougar,93 ext
07-08 Mileage: 2000
06-07 Mileage: 500
ATV: 98 cr 250
2007 Mileage: ?
I got mine from Oles Machine. a sponcer here, I think its alittle better then most as most are just a block which puts the bars back and up, Oles has an angle in one side which makes the bars go up but at the same time keep them foreward, so your not having to be at the back of the sled, more over the center of the sled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > Arctic Cat Snowmobiles > Z/ZL/ZR/ZRT/Tcat/EXT/jag/cougar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode