Hi everybody, Air filter oil - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Utility Performance / Technical info Utility ATV Performance and Technical Discussions about specific mods, engine upgrades!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-18-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Air filter oil help

2010 550S. I was told I could use K&N air filter oil spray on my air filter. I bought some and sprayed it today after cleaning. My foam air filter is the rectangle one. Light blue on the down side. Dark grey on the upside. Was told to just spray the light blue side? I haven't put it back in yet. Should I? How much should I have sprayed on it? Might sound like a stupid question I know.

Last edited by Redngold49rs; 05-19-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Garage
The filter should have a uniform coating of oil throughout the whole filter. I don't use spray on with my foam filters i use notiol that you put the filter in a ziplock dump a bit of oil in and work it into the filter and then let the rest drip out for a few hours..
What did you use to clean the filter? Dish soap i have found is not strong enough to remove the oil oil out of the filter

Nothing better than riding with friends and family
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 10:57 AM

ATV: 2013 550 Core
I had the same filter and I use K&N oil. Spay a light uniform coating, a coating so you can see both the oil and the blue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2013 550 Core, AC Hand Guards, Zilla 27's, RTR Steer Light & Shock Bushings, Auto Resetting Brkrs, Fnt & Rr Brush/Bumpers, RAM X Mnt & Cup Hldr, Champion 3klbs Winch, AmSteel 3.5Klbs Syn Rope, Braided Hook Strap, Rowe Anodized Billet Alum Fairlead, Bostitch 28" wtrprf box, Reese Tow Hook, DYI Web Catchers, Koplin Overfenders, Dr. Pulley Primary Sliders, 2ndry B3 Clock, DDM HID 35w 8K Kit, CREE LED light bar, green LED low beams and green Oznium 3W LED bullet running lights. 2" Moose Lift.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > Utility ATV repair and maintenance & Troubleshooting > Utility Performance / Technical info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in