ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/)
-   Utility ATV repair and maintenance & Troubleshooting (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/utility-atv-repair-maintenance-troubleshooting/)
-   -   I'm in big trouble need help (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/utility-atv-repair-maintenance-troubleshooting/489845-im-big-trouble-need-help.html)

05ac 04-09-2019 03:08 PM

I'm in big trouble need help

So I'll start with what it is 2005 artic cat 500 4x4 fis manual ....

So long story short was riding and atv started to back fire on decel through the the header pipe...

Checked and the pipe is toast rotted right through on the bend now I check everywhere for OEM pipe and they are u available ..... The closest ive found is this one for the same year and same cc but it's off the auto version am I screwed ? I need help badly

AlexG. 04-09-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ac (Post 3667243)
So I'll start with what it is 2005 artic cat 500 4x4 fis manual ....
So long story short was riding and atv started to back fire on decel through the the header pipe...
Checked and the pipe is toast rotted right through on the bend now I check everywhere for OEM pipe and they are u available ..... The closest ive found is this one for the same year and same cc but it's off the auto version am I screwed ? I need help badly

Well yes, you need help but not badly and its not big trouble.
Should be the same pipe... good luck.

Mechaneck 04-09-2019 04:15 PM

Checking the OEM parts look up at Country Cat and Rocky Mountain ATV it looks like your pipe is available for around $100 and is different between the Automatic and Manual version.

This is the pipe from the engine to the muffler.

Keith

05ac 04-09-2019 05:19 PM

Well I mean I am in big trouble because as Keith pointed out auto pipe won't fit on manual machine so that screws me and I'll tell you why I checked all of eBay for the past 2 days and cannot find a pipe that matches my atv at all ...

And those pipes you see on RMA and country cat have been on back order for a very very long time so... I am in big trouble and I need some seriouse help lol because if I can't find a atv pipe my atv is useless all because they made 100 different exhaust pipes for all different years .. and no I. Not complaining about AC I'm just sayin what can I do now ?

Wallamatogus 04-09-2019 05:41 PM

Come on, if you got caught with a trannie hooker by your wife, but a header pipe failing, haha? Temporarily, you can probably wrap it tightly with exhaust wrap, then when one pops up on ebay, pounce. Also, a good exhaust shop can probably fabricate one for you out of 304 SS and it will last forever.

05ac 04-10-2019 12:02 AM

Trust me I have been looking for awhile it started about last summer had a crack in the pipe so I put the high temp jb weld over the crack and wrapped it with the gold Titanium wrap and now the pipe is completely shot it's all rotted out and about 5 inches of the pipe is missing and has a big hole ... I think the wrapping it ruined it even more ... Anyway I've been on eBay for the last 11 months every. Couple weeks looking for this pipe and nothing that's why I'm posting here it's a pretty big deal imagine ur header got toasted and ur like oh ya no big deal then all the sudden come to find they don't even make this header anymore and eBay Amazon and various atv/online salvage yards don't have the pipe at all ither I've done my research before posting .... So can you give me a little more info on the fabricating a exhaust pipe ? Where would I call to ask just anyold muffler shop or should I be looking at fabricating shops I don't know .. and would this be expensive ? I wouldn't think since all that has to be done is pipe bending and a little weld here and there ... Any info on that would be a great help to my issue ... Cuz as of now I'm lost as of what's next these headers for the 500 manual shift are extinct

FirecatV2 04-10-2019 07:32 AM

I would look into a 500 Suzuki vinson and see if it used the same pipe. If that didn't work, I would go to my local muffler guy. Not a chainstore national brand place either the small local guy. Take the old with you and he should be able to bend something up that will work.

05ac 04-10-2019 07:42 AM

Fire cat .. thanks for the positive reply but no the Vinson pipes come out of the engine and go to the right while the arcticat pipe bends to the left side I looked into that already

AlexG. 04-10-2019 07:53 AM

@ 05ac, my appologiez. I've deleted my post to eliminate any ill will.

660catman 04-10-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ac (Post 3667313)
I live in a small town with maby 3 muffler shops if I'm lucky and I bet they dont even wanna fab nothing up. Chump..

Did you even call the maybe 3 muffler shops you have instead of "betting" they don't custom fab?