Question about custom lettering - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Sled Mods & Tech-Tips Learn the best tips/tricks from people have done it before.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question about custom lettering

Hi everybody! I'm not 100% that this is appropriate for this subforum, but I think so.

I'm restoring a vintage sled for my son to learn on (1979 Lynx with a cheetah 340 motor) and I want to do some custom lettering for him. He wants to name his machine "the sleeper," so I order some vinyl letters with very strong adhesive. This is going to go on the side of the sled, between the bottom of the seat and the top of the footrests (basically, the outside of the tunnel). So, they will be affixed to the painted metal there. The question I have is what can I use as an extra protection on the outside of the lettering to keep them on/protected from abuse/tearing? I was thinking of something like an ultra clear brush on lacquer, but just don't have any experience with this sort of thing and don't know if that would last or even would work in the first place.

Any advice would be SO welcomed!

Thanks much, you all.

Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-05-2018, 09:44 PM

Garage
I have no 1st hand experience with this product, but I would look into the clear vinyl adhesive rocker panel protective covers used for pick-up trucks sold at many automotive outlets. My $.02

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > General Snowmobile Discussion > Sled Mods & Tech-Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode