Warm Hands....ZR6000RS - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Sled Mods & Tech-Tips Learn the best tips/tricks from people have done it before.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-25-2018, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sled: 2017 ZR6000RS 2018 ZR6000 El Tigre
Warm Hands....ZR6000RS

I've been using Cold Guards for years. Love them!

Cold GuardsŪ - home

Here's the install on my ZR6000RS.

The Cold Guards are sandwiched between the hand guard & mount.
Looking forward to another comfortable riding season, with nice warm hands.

............I'll be back in a bit..................

Jack Shaft Grease Fitting Addition

Bearing Retainer Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-26-2018, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator

Super Moderator
Sled: 2019 ZR 800 RR
10-11 Mileage: 2850
09-10 Mileage: 3000
08-09 Mileage: 3500
07-08 Mileage: 2150
06-07 Mileage: 1500
I have never seen them mounted with that method. I like the idea. It keeps them around the hands better. I'm curious about the clearance for your hands.

Wonder if there is a way to make a quick mount that would work.

We stopped to eat and noticed other riders coming in with snow jammed in their helmets, jackets and gloves. They had snow everywhere. We looked out the door and couldn't see across the street. Six inches of snow fell while we ate a few burgers. That was the start of a great ride.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-27-2018, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sled: 2017 ZR6000RS 2018 ZR6000 El Tigre
Hand clearance, and control access, is very good. Easy in, easy out. The only control that is pretty much disabled is the parking brake. That's ok since we don't use it anyway. Even the manual says not to use parking brake for more than 5 minutes, or so, or master cylinder damage may occur.

I have not thought about a quick mount since we leave them on all season. Bar & control access is the same with or without them. No reason to remove other than "the look" if that bothers some.

Here's the Arctic hand guard mount, used on my old 7000. Same mount, with guard, came stock on the RS.

To secure the Cold Guard, to the mount, I used an automotive push fastener. My Wifes's ZR4000 currently has this set up.

The camera angle makes the brake lever look closer than it really is. Plenty of room to grab a fist full of brake if needed.

Wife likes it so it has to be good.

Two holes needed to be pierced, in the Cold Guard, to retain the Arctic stock hand guard mounts on the RS.

Favoritos, DVW, and I need to take a spin once the snow flies. Or maybe pizza, at the Commander bar Breezy Point before it does. My treat if we can get the 3 of us together at the same time

............I'll be back in a bit..................

Jack Shaft Grease Fitting Addition

Bearing Retainer Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator

Super Moderator
Sled: 2019 ZR 800 RR
10-11 Mileage: 2850
09-10 Mileage: 3000
08-09 Mileage: 3500
07-08 Mileage: 2150
06-07 Mileage: 1500
Thanks for the pictures. I know that mounting method will help with hand clearance. That has always been the issue with flexible gauntlets. I have used oversized gauntlets mounted over the handguards. They move around quite a bit with wind buffeting. I asked about the quick mount because I usually carry mine in the bag until it gets cold. That mounting style offers pretty good wind protection without the loose gauntlet flopping around.
BTW, I would not turn down free pizza. It has been awhile since I have rode that area.

We stopped to eat and noticed other riders coming in with snow jammed in their helmets, jackets and gloves. They had snow everywhere. We looked out the door and couldn't see across the street. Six inches of snow fell while we ate a few burgers. That was the start of a great ride.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > General Snowmobile Discussion > Sled Mods & Tech-Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode