Prowler Locked Rear End an Issue? - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Prowler ArcticCat Prowler Forum. Contains all discussions for ArticCat SideXSides / UTVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Prowler Locked Rear End an Issue?

I have been watching a 700 Prowler on Craigslist for a couple weeks. It does not seem to be selling. I need to check it out but the solid rear axle has been holding me back. I think it's a 2015 with low hours/miles but I'm worried about having my yard all torn up without any kind of rear differential or ability to unlock the rear wheels from one another. I 've had 4 wheelers that scrub on any corner and I fear the same issue from these units (2015 700 HDX for like $8500). Any experience or feelings on this subject? Seems like a big drawback to owning one of these as a property owner versus a trail rider. Maybe that are not really much of a utility vehicle? thanks in advance, moday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
ATV: 2009 700 XTX
2007 Mileage: 1500 miles
2006 Mileage: 1000
They are a good utility machine, but the rear is locked. These will soon be orphan machines, 8,500 seems high to me. I have a 2009 XTX with the turf saver rear, mine has been trouble free, but numerous issues have been noted. I think the turf saver parts are still available, and they may fit your case. I changed the friction modified gear lube 3-4 times a year, I've since put a locked rear in it but plan on putting the turf saver back in ( I had over 7,500 miles on it when I swapped it out) One thing about the Prowler is that they age well! Mine is over the 12,000 mile mark and still runs great, but I play with it frequently!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Side by Sides > Prowler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode