2012 f800 anniversary, keeps blowing the 7.5 fuse. - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Procross 2012-? General talk regarding 2012 & newer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-13-2016, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

2012 f800 anniversary, keeps blowing the 7.5 fuse.

My f800 keeps blowing the 7.5 fuse after a long ride. Please help, or if you can turn me on to a thread if their is one thanks in advance.

Sorry, for the multiple post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by whiskeytangofox; 12-13-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-13-2016, 07:11 PM

Garage
Sled: 15'ZR8000 LXR, 74 Panther
That should be the cigarette lighter. Your not using that to fire up stogies are ya?

Owning a Thundercat is like having a totally hot wife..... All of your friends want to see it, feel it and check it out..... They all want to know what it is like to ride it, but if they only knew how much time and money it takes to keep one up, they would call you a fool!

Seen in a DOO forum

"Of all the 850 vs Sidewinders/Thundercat/ZR 9000's; you are the first I have ever heard that beat one. I know the 850 is strong but it's down 30 hp from the turbo sleds.
I have a low slung fully built( by a well know engine builder) 3 cylinder 800 cc that made multiple dyno pulls over 200 hp on a calibrated Land and Sea dyno and I barely pull my buddy on his stock Thundercat. And I do have video."

Things on NASA headphones that are not good;
"That supposed to be like that?" "What the hell was that?" "Did you just pee in your spacesuit"
post #3 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
That should be the cigarette lighter. Your not using that to fire up stogies are ya?

How did you know that, I self roll too . Thanks for the tip. I did find another post that says that same thing as being the problem. I use the outlet for my heat shield, I'm also going to get a new cord for my hood. Another ? thou, should the heat shield be on a different circuit?.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeytangofox View Post
How did you know that, I self roll too . Thanks for the tip. I did find another post that says that same thing as being the problem. I use the outlet for my heat shield, I'm also going to get a new cord for my hood. Another ? thou, should the heat shield be on a different circuit?.

I would plug your heated shield into the plug down by the chain case. Most likely what is happening is you are grounding your cord which will blow that fuse and then no gauges. Buddy of mine had that happen on his 1100 FX last year. Ran out of fuses before we figured it out.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM

Garage
Sled: 2013 F800 RR K
10-11 Mileage: 542
09-10 Mileage: 573.2
08-09 Mileage: 496
07-08 Mileage: 491
06-07 Mileage: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR6000 View Post
I would plug your heated shield into the plug down by the chain case. Most likely what is happening is you are grounding your cord which will blow that fuse and then no gauges. Buddy of mine had that happen on his 1100 FX last year. Ran out of fuses before we figured it out.
x2

Look halfway down this article to show where the plug is located: ArcticInsider - Sled Prep: Before I Even Click Off One Mile

2013 Arctic Cat F800 RR K 137 Backcountry X2

post #6 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadt11 View Post
x2

Look halfway down this article to show where the plug is located: ArcticInsider - Sled Prep: Before I Even Click Off One Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR6000 View Post

I have a curveball. I didn't tell you I am using that outlet by the crank case for my heated seats That i added( easy to do by the way). Is there any other open plug to use or splitter

Thanks for your input, and thanks in advance.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I have a curveball. I didn't tell you I am using that outlet by the crank case for my heated seats That i added( easy to do by the way). Is there any other open plug to use or splitter

Thanks for your input, and thanks in advance.
That heated seat may be why you are blowing fuses. The two strokes are not set up with enough juice to run the heated seat as Cat does not offer them with nor as an option. I would unhook that first and see if your fuse issue is resolved.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
I separated mine and wired a direct circuit and a separate fuse box for the cig/socket, my factory heated shield accessory socket and my horn.

Owning a Thundercat is like having a totally hot wife..... All of your friends want to see it, feel it and check it out..... They all want to know what it is like to ride it, but if they only knew how much time and money it takes to keep one up, they would call you a fool!

Seen in a DOO forum

"Of all the 850 vs Sidewinders/Thundercat/ZR 9000's; you are the first I have ever heard that beat one. I know the 850 is strong but it's down 30 hp from the turbo sleds.
I have a low slung fully built( by a well know engine builder) 3 cylinder 800 cc that made multiple dyno pulls over 200 hp on a calibrated Land and Sea dyno and I barely pull my buddy on his stock Thundercat. And I do have video."

"That supposed to be like that?" "What the hell was that?" "Did you just pee in your spacesuit"
post #9 of 14 Old 12-14-2016, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
I separated mine and wired a direct circuit and a separate fuse box for the cig/socket, my factory heated shield accessory socket and my horn.

What!!! Your horn that's sweet.

post #10 of 14 Old 12-16-2016, 07:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
What!!! Your horn that's sweet.

Check it out, great for traffic

Seen in a DOO forum

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > Arctic Cat Snowmobiles > Procross 2012-?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode