Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

16? 17? 18? 19? m8000 Hard Core?

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Cheapsnow 
#1 ·
will someone please inform me on what this "hardcore" model of the m8000 mountain cat is? what years did they start? whats the differences? pros/cons? and why have i never heard of it before?

thankyou!

#2 ·
I’ve seen them in a 2016 Green Ltd. setup and not sure if they had the beefed up rails or not I don’t think they did. I never seen one in 2017 unless I’m mistaken, never seen one in 2018 but the 2019 are supposed to come with the best fox QS2 or QS3 coil over shocks on a stock machine. They have a stronger rail setup to withstand drops & big jumps. Everything is built stronger and better in terms of suspension & shock absorbers. It’s kind of like ultimate backcountry rider sled, it’s Compared with Ski-doos free ride, & Polaris’s RMK PRO Assault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Dropped chain case with 8 tooth drivers and 3" track. 1" narrower running boards and bottom panel tucked in to match boards.

hey thanks! is there like a spec page anywhere i can like compare all the past years? i currently own a 14m8000 and i was looking into a 17 m8000 but then i seen the 17 mountain cat has a lil more updated parts on it.. but then in 18 the ctec2 came out. do i wait? what changed between the 17 mountaincat and the 18 mountaincat? whats the difference between a mountain cat and the hcr? so many models idk whats the best bang for the buck type scenario. thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.