Changing your thread subscriptions/email notifications - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
New Member Introduction Only!!!! If you are new to the site please introduce yourself in here. You will find that our community is very friendly. If you have questions on how to use the site this is the place to ask! If you are having difficult starting a new thread in this section, this convenient link should start a new thread for you. Simply Click Here. However this is NOT a how do I fix this or what is wrong thread!!!! please use the correct forums for that.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Garage
Exclamation Changing your thread subscriptions/email notifications

One of the differences on this site and the old site are the way that thread subscriptions and thread notifications/emails are handled. I wanted to take a moment to post a how-to on setting up the thread subscriptions the way that best fits you.

The default subscription mode is to receive daily updates via email. However, you can set this to whatever you want. The options include, no email, no email but a subscription through your control panel only, instant email, daily email and weekly email.

I prefer to have mine set to notification through control panel only. This allows you to track the threads you participate in and reach them by clicking the 'Quick Links' up top, and then clicking 'Subscribed Threads'.

Changing your default subscription method will not affect any PREVIOUSLY SUBSCRIBED threads however. Whatever subscription type you had when you subscribed to those threads will be UNCHANGED.

This is a bit confusing but unfortunately that's the way the system is.

So, first up, let's do a walk through on changing your default subscription. To do that, click on "User CP" up at the top, then Edit Options. Once on the Edit Options screen you'll see a "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - change this to whatever suits you.

Now that you've changed your default your future thread subscriptions will be set how you wish... but now we need to change every thread that you've subscribed to previously.

So to do that, click on "Quick Links" then "Subscribed Threads"

Then, you need to select all the threads. You can only select one page at a time by using the master checkbox up top but hopefully you'll only have a few pages of subscriptions to change.

Once you check the master check box, you can then change every thread by using the drop down menu to change your already subscribed threads to the notification type that you want.

You can also use this method to delete thread subscriptions if you don't want to be subscribed to a particular thread anymore.

Hope this helps.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
660catman (05-21-2018), bigbear Team ArcticChat (11-24-2010), darren0590 (03-15-2011), Esky021 (08-26-2015), ibgonefishin (10-15-2012), panther8818 (08-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-21-2018, 02:11 AM

You are too damn confusing for me. It would appear to me that you don't really want me on your site. I belong to a couple of other sites and have never had so much trouble getting started.(this is my 3rd try). I am getting closer, but I will not get any closer, because I GIVE UP.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 AM

Garage
Sled: 16 Bearcat XT, 06 T660 TT, 05 S/Cat 600
ATV: 03 400 4x4 auto FIS, 05 300 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
You are too damn confusing for me. It would appear to me that you don't really want me on your site. I belong to a couple of other sites and have never had so much trouble getting started.(this is my 3rd try). I am getting closer, but I will not get any closer, because I GIVE UP.

It’s pretty simple!!

Current Sled rides
2005 Sabercat 600 EFI LX
2006 T660 Turbo Touring
2016 Bearcat 2000XT

Past Sled rides
1993 Pantera 550 EFI
1980 El Tigre 6000

Current ATV rides
2005 A/C 300 manual 4x4
RTR Bushings & shock bushings
Motobatt Battery

2003 A/C 400 auto 4x4 FIS
RTR Steerlites & Shock Bushings
Motobatt Battery
26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's

Past ATV rides
2003 A/C 400 manual ACT 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Garage
Sled: 2015 ZR 8000 El Tigre' '16 ZR 6000 LXR
ATV: 2014 1000XT & 2017 700XT Camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
You're reading too much into it. Just post away and enjoy the site. The rest of this stuff will come to you if you want it to. I've been here for years and dont use most of the features. The site has a lot of features but you dont need to use any of them if you chose not to. Its also one of the easiest sites to post a picture.

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. The straw that broke the camel's neck.. Archie Bunker

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > New User & Site Help Area > New Member Introduction Only!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode