Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'05 King Cat running on one cylinder.
Need some help here please. I have a 2005 King Cat with carbs that quits running on the PTO cylinder when it's gets warm. I've searched the forum, and have tried everything I could find without success. I'm trying not to rebuild the engine, but I think that's next unless someone can think of something I've missed. Here's what I have done so far.
1. New Plugs, same coil. Both plugs have good spark. When I swap the plug wires and plugs, it does not follow. Plug is always wet on the PTO side.
2. Carbs and fuel pump checked and cleaned. All were very clean when disassembled, made sure all jets, screws, and port were cleaned. Both carbs are sync'd, both chokes move freely, and cables are rigged per the SM.
3. New fuel filter and checked the pickup in the tank.
4. Checked compression when cold and warm. Each cylinder is 120 psi both times.
5. Checked reed valves, no damage noted. Swapped them to see what happens, does not follow.
6. Checked the power valves, both valves and cables move freely, servo moves one time after start.
7. Did a pressure check on the coolant system just in case a cylinder may be cracked even though no coolant is being used. Holds 10 psi hot and cold.
8. Used propane all around the outside of the engine to check for air leaks, none found. Engine only sped up when I placed it in front of the carb.
I don't have any tools to do a pressure check of the cylinders, but making some was going to be my next attempt to find out what is wrong.
Thanks for the help,