Powder Pros vs Mohawk skis - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sled: 16 eltigre 7000
ATV: 2007 h-d road king
Powder Pros vs Mohawk skis

My Powder Pros now have around 18,000 miles on them and have quite a few battle scars. I'm going to buy new bottoms this summer, and was thinking about looking into Mohawk bottoms instead. Mohawks are an evolution of the PPs, and the mounts/runners will interchange, from what I've been told. My question is, has anybody out there gone from PPs to Mohawks, and what are your thoughts about the switch? I do 100% trail riding, and love the PPs, but wonder if the Mohawks are an improvement. Switching to anything else is not an option for me.

*previous sleds:
68 olympique
73 tnt silver bullet 294
73 tnt silver bullet 340
80 el tigre 6000
86 pantera
88 wildcat
90 ext
93 ext
95 cougar
97 xlt ltd
02 zl 500
01 z370
03 zr800efi
07 Z1EB
12 F1100 Retro
78 cheetah 5000
88 elTigre 6000

current sled
16 elTigre 7000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-07-2019, 10:44 AM

Powder Pros vs Mohawk skis

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainruss99 View Post
My Powder Pros now have around 18,000 miles on them and have quite a few battle scars. I'm going to buy new bottoms this summer, and was thinking about looking into Mohawk bottoms instead. Mohawks are an evolution of the PPs, and the mounts/runners will interchange, from what I've been told. My question is, has anybody out there gone from PPs to Mohawks, and what are your thoughts about the switch? I do 100% trail riding, and love the PPs, but wonder if the Mohawks are an improvement. Switching to anything else is not an option for me.

@captainruss99 ,

I found this on Snowest from the SLP rep regarding the Mohawks. It is from 2016. Hope it helps.

In reading your thread, I'm betting that you've already done some research to point you towards the MoHawks, so some of this you probably already know, but if not, I thought it might help put our 2 cents in.

The Powder Pro has been a great option for the Arctic Cat if you're running the deep powder all the time. When designing the MoHawk, we wanted to take the good things from the Powder Pro and add some new designs to enhance riding on the trail and harder conditions.

The Mowhawk uses a Powder Control wing similar to the Powder Pro, but they also have a wider, more stable base in the center of the ski. Maneuverability and handling off-trail is still excellent (flotation is even a little better), but it is particularly more consistent and predictable on the trail. The MoHawk is also more flexible for better handling in bumpy conditions. Either one of our skis is a huge improvement over stock.

Attached is a picture further explaining the characteristics of the MoHawk.

2011 700 Mud Pro
2019 M8000 Hardcore

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > General Snowmobile Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode