A Alternative For the TRV Cruiser Model - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-30-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

A Alternative For the TRV Cruiser Model

My 2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV came as the standard model if you want to call it that. Arctic Cat also offered a cruiser model TRV that has a extended metal bar with a heavy plastic rack in which a storage/trunk is mounted to this plastic rack known as the cruiser model TRV. That factory storage/trunk is quite pricey if you can still buy it from Arctic Cat and not to cheap if you can find one on Ebay used.

At first I only wanted the cruiser extended metal rack with the heavy plastic carrier to be able to carry a cooler, backpack, or whatever. I had thought I wanted a front storage cargo box for my stuff I like to carry, but I could not make up my mine on which one I'd be satisfied with.

A few days ago I was in my shop and it dawned on me to try the aftermarket Raider rear storage box off my 2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4. After making a few measurements I decided I think it will work for what I want. The cruiser plastic rack has 6- 6mm fine thread brass inserts that worked out perfect for mounting the Raider rear storage box to the carrier rack. A trip to the local ACE Hardware retrieved the nut's bolt's and washers I needed. Remember 6mm fine thread bolts.

I have no idea what model number the Raider storage box is because I bought it new not long after I purchased the Suzuki Eiger in 2013. The AC extended metal carrier rack with the plastic cargo carrier I got it off Ebay. Some one in Canada just happened to be parting out a I believe a 2009-2011 Arctic Cat 1000 TRV cruiser model. It bolted right in place on the 2008 TRV.

The only down side I have found since mounting the Raider rear storage box on the Arctic Cat is once it's bolted down you are not able to remove the rear passenger seat. I found away around that though, the passenger seat has some flexibility to where I can get my hand underneath it to release the drivers seat latch. That way I can get the drivers seat off to gain access to my battery or fuse box if needed.

Below I added a few pics of how it turned out on my 2008 Arctic Cat TRV and there is plenty of room for all my junk I like to take along for a ride.

I also added a couple pics of the rear Raider storage box that was mounted on the Suzuki Eiger. The pics looked a little better to me outside.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-24 10.52.47.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	347545   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-24 10.51.54.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	347547   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-24 10.52.27.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	347549   Click image for larger version

Name:	user7707_pic2498_1476578562.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	347551   Click image for larger version

Name:	user7707_pic2482_1476578562.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	347553  

John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him,I am the way,the truth,and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,but by me.

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Raider Rear Cargo/Storage Box
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards/PM Mirrors
Yamaha Raptor 660 Petcock Mod

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4X4
GBC Motorsport Spartacus ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Warn Winch
(SOLD: Back To The Dealership)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > General ATV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode