ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/)
-   General ATV Discussion (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/general-atv-discussion/)
-   -   Sweden tour (https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/general-atv-discussion/489681-sweden-tour.html)

Josmuck 03-31-2019 06:16 AM

Sweden tour

Hi all, well it’s almost time. Me and a friend of mine are doing 10 days in sweden. Lost of riding and fishing 😀 My only worry is that i use a CPAP, for thoes of you who are lucky and don’t know what that is, its a sleeping machine😂 I am considering a small generator to load up a extra battery but was also thinking that i might be able to charge it wile riding my Cat? 650 v2. Would the generator on the Cat have enough power? I will get a small, say between 12-18 ah gel battery.

Cya

Wallamatogus 03-31-2019 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps you could wire in a larger deep cycle auto size battery and disconnect the ATV battery, just keep emergency for backup. If you ride all day, the Cat would recharge a large battery. I wouldn't trust that a tiny ATV battery would have enough reserve to run a C-Pap all night. So, I don't think you need to bring a generator, just a deep cycle battery big enough, maybe mount on the front rack, plug into the 12v plug? A full size 12 volt battery fits inside my "Black Boar" front box. here's a picture on my 700 Diesel

Josmuck 04-03-2019 03:29 AM

Thanks, i will get a couple of smaller 15ah and charge them like you said. Good idea with keeping the original battery for reserv!

Cya

AlexG. 04-03-2019 07:38 AM

Modern day jump boxes have great capacity.
Perhaps looking into 1 of those?

FirecatV2 04-03-2019 10:41 AM

The 650V2 doesn't have a real high output. However, if your riding for most of the day, not using lights or heated grips or music etc then it should charge up your ATV battery and your cpap battery.

Get something with double the ah that your cpap machine needs. A battery switch would be nice so you can start the V2 then switch over so it charges your cpap battery.

Wallamatogus 04-03-2019 07:22 PM

Like AlexG. suggested, having a fully charged "jump box" would give you peace of mind, and they are very small! I would try running the C-Pap all night on a full size/deep cycle battery then check voltage and state of charge in the morning. Sounds like a fun trip!

FirecatV2 04-03-2019 08:04 PM

FYI: The V2 has a pull start for emergency situations. Jump box would be nice but not as much of a requirement as on a EFI machine with no pull cord.