07 700 efi idle issues/stalls - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-18-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

07 700 efi idle issues/stalls

Hey guys and gals my 07 700 has always had a qwirky spot in the throttle and recently it has gotten worse. Now i have a rolling idle at times most of the time the idle is low. If i give it a normal bit of accel it will stall and die. I can start put it in gear try to accel it will die. I have a brand new battery. Charging system seems normal 14.5 volts idling. Syphoned old gas out and put new gas in. Three different new spark plugs. All same result. Adjusted tps by jumping diagnostic port and using digital readout to set. One thing worth noting. Most guys say broken bar should be in the middle of the EC00 but mine is slightly higher than the middle. None the less it is the broken bar next to the EC. I did find the fuel tank vent tube that runs the length of the frame and up to the gauge pod was split and broken. I am going to replace that tube from tank up. I am told these have a fuel filter. Taking rack and rear fenders off now to gain access to fuel lines and top of tanks. Have read alot of these post. And some seem similar to my concern but also seem different. I am getting no codes and no “ volt “ message. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,785 Posts
Garage
ATV: 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800

Check fuel pressure. 43 psi constant is what you need. Set your tps in the middle. Stock ECU?

2013 700 XT TRV EPS :
28" Bighorns on bed linered 08 Prowler rims , Wireless winch remote, 3000LB. Warn winch, Heated front and rear grips, Cat relay wiring harness for accessories, LED light bar, 08 650 trv LTD rear box, Heated rear seat, Elka stage 3 shocks all 4 corners, Aftermarket A-arm bushings, aftermarket sway bar bushings(prototype), Deluxe brush guard bumpers front and rear, Red anodized Hause fairlead, beverage opener winch hook, Synthetic winch rope, RTR motor mount bushings, Dynojet PC5 programmer, Dynojet Autotune, [/B]

07 500 Gone but not forgotten;
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
post #3 of 12 Old 02-19-2019, 10:16 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Garage
Sled: 2015 ZR 8000 El Tigre' '16 ZR 6000 LXR
ATV: 2014 1000XT & 2017 700XT Camo
Just by age those fuel pumps and the hoses go. Ethanol gas is the probable cause. Check fuel pressure as suggested, there are "stickies" about that on this site. Sometimes just new hoses inside the fuel tank is all that is needed. But do a few things first, battery ( which you have done) new spark plug as these machines were kinda hard on them, spark plug cap. Check for codes.

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. The straw that broke the camel's neck.. Archie Bunker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-19-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

I saw a post about screeching fuel pumps. Funny thing when i drained the tank. I only put back in about a gallon. Pump was screeching very loud. So also thinking i had fuel pressure issues i pulled the rear fenders off to gain access to pump and ensure i have no pinched fuel lines. Pulled pump and found the prefilter had come apart in the tank and pieces of the screen were floating around. This might explain the erratic idling and stall. Fingers crossed i am going to see if i can find a replacement automotive screen to go on bottom of pump tomorrow. Thanks for the help!!
post #5 of 12 Old 02-19-2019, 10:56 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,785 Posts
Garage
ATV: 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800

Both of these links may help.

https://www.catquest.net/UserFiles/A...structions.pdf

https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=318729

2013 700 XT TRV EPS :
28" Bighorns on bed linered 08 Prowler rims , Wireless winch remote, 3000LB. Warn winch, Heated front and rear grips, Cat relay wiring harness for accessories, LED light bar, 08 650 trv LTD rear box, Heated rear seat, Elka stage 3 shocks all 4 corners, Aftermarket A-arm bushings, aftermarket sway bar bushings(prototype), Deluxe brush guard bumpers front and rear, Red anodized Hause fairlead, beverage opener winch hook, Synthetic winch rope, RTR motor mount bushings, Dynojet PC5 programmer, Dynojet Autotune, [/B]

07 500 Gone but not forgotten;
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
post #6 of 12 Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys just an update. I finally got a chance to work on the quad again. I replaced my fuel pump strainer. Cleaned the tank thoroughly. Strained new gas that was put back into tank. The engine definitely starts up faster now. But the engine will run for about a minute and then just stall. Sort of spits then quits instantly. The intake sounded a little louder than normal so i thought i would pull the air filter and see what the issue with that is. I ran the quad with the air filter off so i could see down in the throttle bore. Engine still stalls same as with air filter on. I noticed a port hole above the throttle plate and one below the plate. The one below the throttle plate connects to a tube on the front of the throttle body. Parts break down says this is a air pressure sensor. Since it is after the throttle plate i have to assume this works much like a MAP sensor on an automobile. I am baffled because i am getting no codes. Also worth noting i saw where some people where having issues with the tilt switch. If this goes bad would it cause a similar issue? And could i bypass this switch to test? We don’t have a local dealer anymore so i cant run it to them and have them test things. If i had a diagnostic tool i feel i could do much better at fixing this without throwing parts at it. Also just thinking. My foam air filter is dry rotted. Maybe pieces of the filter may have gotten in the ports of air pressure sensor.?.. seems more mechanical if its not coding anything right?
post #7 of 12 Old 02-27-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Also yes the bike is all stock. Stock ecu. Never replaced any sensors on the bike. Just changed oil. Spark plugs and fresh gas over the years. Oh and batteries. Have not rigged a tee up for fuel pressure testing but my pump does not whine anymore. After stall i can start right back up. It runs for a few seconds then stalls. I set the tps sensor by jumping the service plug and monitoring the bars beside the ec read out. I adjusted until i got the broken bar. Tightened down tps then. Display still shows broken bar.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Also found a youtube video of a Suzuki King Quad 700 exact same idle concern as mine. If anyone gets a chance to view.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 PM
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Garage
Sled: 2001 XC 700 SP - 136 Custom
ATV: 2006 Arctic Cat 700 EFI - Ugly Orange
Try adding a jump pack to your battery if you have one. See if it turns over faster.

I have the same quad. Chased my tail. I did the Mustang fuel Pump. Worked good. Eventually went with a new cat assembly as I scored one for cheap.

Needs 43 psi.

Check all wiring too.

As I remember and read my notebook I’ll see what else I can come up with and help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2006 Arctic Cat 700 EFI - Ugly Orange

VDI Copperhead ECU - M109R Injector - 29.5 High Lifter Outlaws 10/12 Width Staggered - Uni Air Filter -Modded Stock Exhaust - AMR Racing Monster Coil - NGK Iridium Plug - ITP Alloy Wheels - Warn 2.5 - 1.5mm Shim - All Sanny Bushings - 8000K Hi/Low HID's - CATVOS 6" Lift w/Gorilla Axles - Hidden Snorkels - Motobatt mbtx24u - Arctic Cat Deluxe Hand Warmers - Speed Werxs Secondary Spring and Rollers - Deluxe Bumpers
post #10 of 12 Old 05-20-2019, 07:21 PM
Mch

Any update? Having very similar issue with my 06 700 efi. Started and ran for a few minutes then stalled out and now won’t start back. New plug and is making spark. Can hear fuel pump running. Motor will turn over great but won’t start. Debating new fuel lines and or pump.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > General ATV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in