Top End Rebuild - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Diesel ATV'S A place to talk diesel only!!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wallamatogus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Top End Rebuild

Hey guys Colby here, I just purchased a 2007 Artic-Cat 700 diesel and the guy I got it from said that he had turned the injector pump up on it to make it Role Coal...lol the bad news is that he had let his brother in law take it on a ride and he brought it back with a knocking sound in the top end
...I believe that being that the injector pump is turned up on it it caused the cylinder to get hot and gaud the Piston up...it still runs just super weak and has that noise....Please I need help on suggestions of what it might be and if I should rebuild the engine and if so where can I get the right parts.Im new to the forum so I'm not sure how this works but please any help I to and links would be appreciated if
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2019, 01:33 PM

ATV: 2008700SD and 2002 400 FIS
The only way to add more fuel is the "locked torque screw" It has individual Bosch mechanical fuel injectors. Hard to believe he could have run it hard enough to damage, but I suppose if fuel was maxed out with the screw, eventually egt's might have gotten high enough to damage. Before I turbocharged mine, uphill with 30" tires and 2 people , I could see egt's slowly climb above 1200F. After turbo, egt's dropped way down. I ran it this summer at 45-50 mph for at least an hour, keeping up with my 700 TRV, no problem. It is a Kohler motor now. Kraft Power out of Massachucetts sells and services them, also Kohler sells it as a generator motor and a marine motor. Try Country Cat to download a parts and service manual. Also <mymowerparts.com> . 1 thing that I've seen with diesels that were overheated or run with excessive EGT's, blown head gasket. It's a stout motor, but letting his brother in law ride it..... Possibly, Arctic Cat might have a replacement motor somewhere in the pipeline, that they would sell at a good discount. There is a guy on the Dodge Ram forums whose motor failed at just under 500,000 miles and Ram gave him a new motor, you never know. BTW, these motors have very high compression, even for a diesel.
4x4hans likes this.

2014 700TRV XT EPS, 2008 700SD Intercooled Turbo

Last edited by Wallamatogus; 02-08-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > Diesel ATV'S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode