2020 Arctic Cats - Page 5 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat News This section contains news that relates to both Arctic Cat as well as ArcticChat.com. Front page news will go in this section and so only Administrators or Moderators may start new threads in this section.

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 08:04 PM

Garage
Sled: 15'ZR8000 LXR, 74 Panther
Let me give you all a scenario;
Guy walks into a car dealer to buy a new car from a company more or less on the ropes. Ok? Lets say for humor it's a Studebaker. Walks in walks up to a sales person and asks whats available and the salesmans says "get the hell away from me you punk (62 year old successful man) come back when I think you have some money"

case closed!

Owning a Thundercat is like having a totally hot wife..... All of your friends want to see it, feel it and check it out..... They all want to know what it is like to ride it, but if they only knew how much time and money it takes to keep one up, they would call you a fool!

Seen in a DOO forum

"Of all the 850 vs Sidewinders/Thundercat/ZR 9000's; you are the first I have ever heard that beat one. I know the 850 is strong but it's down 30 hp from the turbo sleds.
I have a low slung fully built( by a well know engine builder) 3 cylinder 800 cc that made multiple dyno pulls over 200 hp on a calibrated Land and Sea dyno and I barely pull my buddy on his stock Thundercat. And I do have video."

Things on NASA headphones that are not good;
"That supposed to be like that?" "What the hell was that?" "Did you just pee in your spacesuit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 1,066 Times in 937 Posts
07-08 Mileage: 2 few
06-07 Mileage: ^^^^
The List

@guudasitgets

Tony, I am supplying a list from the 2005/2006 season from a former “mom and pop” shop I worked for many years ago. This list is only one example of something I can personally guarantee in my backing of Krom’s comment concerning sleds going from one dealer to another (finding LOS)

We constantly (year round) were buying sleds from Cat, that were otherwise, on their way back to TRF due to massive overstocks back then.

Cat had a massive incentives plan for dealers who’d buy these sleds from another dealer versus Cat having to have them shipped all the way back to them.

That is why we were able to sell leftover model year sleds for actual dealer cost (of their cost during the particular MY of each unit), and still make a few hundred $$’s, not to mention we sold (literally) -load’s of PARTS and ACCESSORIES (not to mention we had a service dept that was constantly on the go (between unloading units Monday through Wednesday), looking them over, pick ticketing parts needed, ordering said parts 5, and sometimes 7 times a week (doing more than one order a day couple times per week) to have them ready come following Friday and Saturday morning.

We traditionally stocked in excess of 220+ BRAND NEW UNITS yearly back then.
Hell!! Spring of 2006 we had our regional reps ZR900SP sold to a guy in Wasilla, Ak. (A guy I’d pm’d on Hcs years ago when he was looking for the best $$ on one of those he could find)
He sent one of his employees down by jet to Chicago to pick up a new SOD truck for the company and had him drive the additional (one way) 360 miles for me to load it into the truck and send him on his way back to Ak.

Sleds do switch dealers often. And so do autos.

Just sayin’

This ⬆️⬆️ is exactly what I spoke of earlier, and is basically what Krom was referring to when he mentioned sleds going from one dealer to another.

And the sleds going from one dealer to another still does happen to this very day, as I tend to load lots of our stock into other dealers trucks and trailers for such deals as what he was referring to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A8E5A08-57FE-4580-82A9-CA5EE91C6D49.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	913.5 KB
ID:	346393  

Who, me?! Don't listen to me.... (I don't know anything, evidently...)

Quote:
If it's cnote approved it will work good
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoBBD View Post
That is freeking sick man........
Don
0637-185: '99 Sno-Pro APV (guide and button) update kit p/n...
0637-186: '99 Sno-Pro APV superseded valve inserts update kit p/n...
https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/z-z...tml?highlight=

http://www.randakksblog.com/more-on-...fear-the-corn/

"Arctic Chat is not affiliated with Arctic Cat Inc. in any way, shape or form. We are an enthusiast site run by fans."

(Are you experiencing issues with your local dealer? Feel free to call Cat Consumer Complaint @ 218-681-8558)
post #43 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 09:04 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 3,021 Times in 2,792 Posts
Garage
ATV: 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800
2020 Arctic Cats

For the record;
Krom does not , has not , and will not represent Cat on this site. Krom is just a guy that works for Cat. There is NO affiliation with Cat and this site, nor it’s admins or mods. @guudasitgets
I have read this thread , twice. I see no reason for Krom to apologize to you , in fact it looks like it should be the other way around. This will be the end of this BS.
Now back on topic or a good thread will be locked.
C-note likes this.

2013 700 XT TRV EPS :
28" Bighorns on bed linered 08 Prowler rims , Wireless winch remote, 3000LB. Warn winch, Heated front and rear grips, Cat relay wiring harness for accessories, LED light bar, 08 650 trv LTD rear box, Heated rear seat, Elka stage 3 shocks all 4 corners, Aftermarket A-arm bushings, aftermarket sway bar bushings(prototype), Deluxe brush guard bumpers front and rear, Red anodized Hause fairlead, beverage opener winch hook, Synthetic winch rope, RTR motor mount bushings, Dynojet PC5 programmer, Dynojet Autotune, [/B]

07 500 Gone but not forgotten;
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
The Following User Says Thank You to doorfx For This Useful Post:
C-note (02-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 1,066 Times in 937 Posts
07-08 Mileage: 2 few
06-07 Mileage: ^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjax View Post
Dealers can do dealer searches or call Cat directly.
EXACTLY! Happens all the time.
Hell, were it not for our overstock (in middle of farming country) that Cat instills upon us, SHPS wouldn’t have sold as many sleds as he did this season..
(I lost count of how many sleds my long time friend Jim got from us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
No Rusty I hear you and I know that , understand that thats is normal dealer practice and I "get it". And I do listen.

But I don't respect someone that sells a product that insults publicly, constantly (for some reason) someone thats a prospective buyer for a company that's having problems. Even when this company is having problems he just can't stop this stuff. I'm looking, have a couple to look at may buy one of them but still lot of time till spring. But i don't need to be talked to like this guy does, never degraded him ever.
To go along with doorfx’s comment above, please read the next to last comment near the bottom of my signature.

While some of us here do work for dealers, we are in no way related to ArcticCat/Textron in any way shape or form.

We try to explain everything as thorough as possible and hopefully avoid such conflicts, so please, help us by understanding things from our perspectives as well. We all try to understand others as well.

Thank You
Sincerely, Rusty

Who, me?! Don't listen to me.... (I don't know anything, evidently...)

Quote:
If it's cnote approved it will work good
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoBBD View Post
That is freeking sick man........
Don
0637-185: '99 Sno-Pro APV (guide and button) update kit p/n...
0637-186: '99 Sno-Pro APV superseded valve inserts update kit p/n...
https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/z-z...tml?highlight=

http://www.randakksblog.com/more-on-...fear-the-corn/

"Arctic Chat is not affiliated with Arctic Cat Inc. in any way, shape or form. We are an enthusiast site run by fans."

(Are you experiencing issues with your local dealer? Feel free to call Cat Consumer Complaint @ 218-681-8558)
The Following User Says Thank You to C-note For This Useful Post:
Jagz (02-27-2019)
post #45 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 06:28 AM

Sled: 19 ZR 8000 iACT and many other cats
I am so glad that Cat has decided to go this way. "Spring/Snow Check only". The last two new Cats I purchased where spring order. Prior to and when the new models where to come out I could purchase the exact same sled for $4,000 less. I realized and understood this when I spring ordered the sleds that I would lose out later but I accepted that. This is the same thing that happens when you purchase a new car or truck. Later, when the new models come out, your same vehicle has now been deeply discounted. With Cat doing this, ordering only, I believe this will go away. I hope this go's on in the future even when the prior year models get sold off.

If there is a particular model Cat you want, and will buy, I guarantee your dealer will find it and get it for you.

I also think Cat has something for everyone in 2020. Of course not everything but they have something for you in every category. Get it and make it yours.

Most important I hope for more dealers to come on board. I would like to see a dealer in just about every town. Kind of like the older days. They would not have to stock any sleds. They could have a few demo models on hand so you could see and feel them if they want. How can this not help with marketing, service of your sleds and selling of parts, garments & accessories. How nice would it be again to drive or walk just a little to see the Cat stuff or to have your Cat serviced, purchase new gear and supplies or have accessories put on. I don't see any downfall on this. Do you?
post #46 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 06:53 AM
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Sled: 2009 TZ1 LXR, 2004 T660 Turbo Trail
ATV: none
No...If I was AC I would be pushing the "Snow Check" stuff hard. Snowmobiles are funny things. Get a bad winter and they're hard to sell, a good winter and they sell like crazy.

When I've bought new in the past I knew I was going to do so that spring and locked in. It seems to me that preseason sales might be the best way to keep the crazy prices in check. Building sleds you can only hope to sell can't be cheap.

Until I hear differently I'm chalking this year up to a painful correction, if things work out we will see the lineup fill out again next year. I do hope that at some point AC addresses this directly. I like companies being forthcoming. The sled business is an odd one, one that if we're being honest doesn't really need to exist, so I can swallow an odd year if it mean the brand stays around.

K
660catman likes this.

Last edited by kopeck; 02-26-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Grammer!
post #47 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopeck View Post
Let me premise this by saying I'm not buying a new machine this year, the TZ1 still does what it needs to do even though a new Pantera would be nice. The TZ1 is paid for.

The whole lineup seems odd but if AC was flooding dealerships I can see them trying to correct the inventory issue. I agree that some other stuff must be in the pipeline though, the lineup just seem so sparse.

If I was buy a new machine it would be a 7000 even with some of the warts I've been reading about recently. I just don't need/want a 9000 and I'm not into 2-Strokes anymore. While they've cleaned up their acts considerably since the last one I owned the smell just doesn't do it for me.

All that being said I rode the last few days in Aroostook county and I would say 90% of the new machines out on the trails were sporting the largest engines their manufacture offers. It's crazy, it wasn't that long ago that if you saw a Thundercat (or what have you) it was of note, you told your buddies about it, now everyone drives them, EVERYONE!

I also noticed a lot more older machines this year. We were sporting an '05 T660 Touring and an '09 TZ1. There were lots of Twin Spars, ZRs first gen Revs etc. I think a lot of families just can't keep a stable of new machines, I know we can't. We still had a lot of fun though!

K
I have to agree with you. I'm not into 2 stokes anymore either. I have had them all my life until recently and do not want to go back. The 4 strokes are way more reliable, quiet and no smell that fills the clothes closet at home. I plan to keep my Pantera for a long time to come and times are changing so fast now that manufacturers have to alter their offerings and promote what they have. Cat has never pushed the 7000 and 3000 and offered a very large confusing list of models that made it confusing for the few buyers that exist out there. This market is shrinking due to new sleds being priced out of the average persons budget. I hope all the manufacturers start offering a small lineup that is reliable, covers trail, touring, high performance and of course entry level. They need to be priced reasonably and supported properly. I think that would eliminate the level of unsold units. I believe Textron owned AC is looking into the future and getting setup ahead of the rest. Sad but true.
660catman likes this.

2016 Pantera 3000
post #48 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlake7301 View Post
I have to agree with you. I'm not into 2 stokes anymore either. I have had them all my life until recently and do not want to go back. The 4 strokes are way more reliable, quiet and no smell that fills the clothes closet at home. I plan to keep my Pantera for a long time to come and times are changing so fast now that manufacturers have to alter their offerings and promote what they have. Cat has never pushed the 7000 and 3000 and offered a very large confusing list of models that made it confusing for the few buyers that exist out there. This market is shrinking due to new sleds being priced out of the average persons budget. I hope all the manufacturers start offering a small lineup that is reliable, covers trail, touring, high performance and of course entry level. They need to be priced reasonably and supported properly. I think that would eliminate the level of unsold units. I believe Textron owned AC is looking into the future and getting setup ahead of the rest. Sad but true.
The new Ctec two strokes have no smell, are reliable and get pretty much the same MPG as the four strokes but are more fun to ride because they are easier to toss around. Oh and the new Two strokes are very quiet as well. No going back. Just ahead.
Krom and C-note like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZR6000 For This Useful Post:
C-note (02-26-2019), Jagz (02-27-2019)
post #49 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR6000 View Post
The new Ctec two strokes have no smell, are reliable and get pretty much the same MPG as the four strokes but are more fun to ride because they are easier to toss around. Oh and the new Two strokes are very quiet as well. No going back. Just ahead.
True, the CTec 2 technology has come a long way. Just like the outboards from Merc and BRP. It's just once you have experienced the 4 stroke running quality in a touring or general trail riding situation, it is hard to go back. It's like having a new Jeep Wrangler, you can't go back to a car based SUV.

Now if your strictly a hard core high performance rider, sure the Ctec 2 would be the better choice IMO.

2016 Pantera 3000
post #50 of 74 Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 AM
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Sled: 2009 TZ1 LXR, 2004 T660 Turbo Trail
ATV: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR6000 View Post
They still have a little smell, no where near as bad as the old days but I can tell when one's in front of me.

Truth be told I could probably go back to a 600 and be happy. The sound is much more mellow, the smell tolerable and the MPG respectable. I'm getting old. :-)

That being said given the choice I would go 4-Stroke. Everyone is different, it's just what I prefer.

K

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ArcticChat.com News > Arctic Cat News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode