2020 Arctic Cats - Page 3 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat News This section contains news that relates to both Arctic Cat as well as ArcticChat.com. Front page news will go in this section and so only Administrators or Moderators may start new threads in this section.

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM

Sled: 2008 600 SnoPro / 2016 Zr 4000 LXR
Rvsports in thief river falls
Pokegama lawn and sport in grand rapids
Rays sport and marine in bemidji
Westside sports in wadena
Westside recreation in little falls
Frontier motorsports in Fergus falls
Spicer sports in spicer mn
https://www.ufcmn-equipment.com waconia mn
Days powerports bloomer wi.
Ta motorsports francis creek or Manitowoc wi.
Kens sports in kaukauna wi

I'm sure there are tons more. There are plenty out there. I didn't even search for xf 7000s...
C-note, doorfx and 660catman like this.

2008 SnoPro 600

Last edited by Fast 440; 02-24-2019 at 08:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fast 440 For This Useful Post:
660catman (02-24-2019), C-note (02-25-2019), doorfx (02-24-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 08:33 PM
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Sled: 2009 TZ1 LXR, 2004 T660 Turbo Trail
ATV: none
Let me premise this by saying I'm not buying a new machine this year, the TZ1 still does what it needs to do even though a new Pantera would be nice. The TZ1 is paid for.

The whole lineup seems odd but if AC was flooding dealerships I can see them trying to correct the inventory issue. I agree that some other stuff must be in the pipeline though, the lineup just seem so sparse.

If I was buy a new machine it would be a 7000 even with some of the warts I've been reading about recently. I just don't need/want a 9000 and I'm not into 2-Strokes anymore. While they've cleaned up their acts considerably since the last one I owned the smell just doesn't do it for me.

All that being said I rode the last few days in Aroostook county and I would say 90% of the new machines out on the trails were sporting the largest engines their manufacture offers. It's crazy, it wasn't that long ago that if you saw a Thundercat (or what have you) it was of note, you told your buddies about it, now everyone drives them, EVERYONE!

I also noticed a lot more older machines this year. We were sporting an '05 T660 Touring and an '09 TZ1. There were lots of Twin Spars, ZRs first gen Revs etc. I think a lot of families just can't keep a stable of new machines, I know we can't. We still had a lot of fun though!

K
The Following User Says Thank You to kopeck For This Useful Post:
Jagz (02-25-2019)
post #23 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 08:45 PM

Garage
Sled: 15'ZR8000 LXR, 74 Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast 440 View Post
Rvsports in thief river falls
Pokegama lawn and sport in grand rapids
Rays sport and marine in bemidji
Westside sports in wadena
Westside recreation in little falls
Frontier motorsports in Fergus falls
Spicer sports in spicer mn
https://www.ufcmn-equipment.com waconia mn
Days powerports bloomer wi.
Ta motorsports francis creek or Manitowoc wi.
Kens sports in kaukauna wi

I'm sure there are tons more. There are plenty out there. I didn't even search for xf 7000s...
129's and Kens is the only one I'm going to on that list, and he has just one. TA is crook, Days powersports is 236 miles away, everything else is even farther. Not going to do a 600 mile trip with hotel stays to get a sled. I bought my Turbo 660 in Hastings that was 6 hours one way, that was enough.

That leaves me with all the dealers on my list. So there's one sled at Kens, two long tracks I can't pick up till I get my new trailer in July so that leaves me back to about 3 sleds to look at.
People can say there are a lot of sleds out there but my diesel doesn't run on air and I'm 62, I ain't running 12 hour drives anymore. So those long trips include restaurants, time off at the shop (which we can't afford, too many upgrades coming) and hotels. Now the cheap sled isn't so cheap anymore.

Owning a Thundercat is like having a totally hot wife..... All of your friends want to see it, feel it and check it out..... They all want to know what it is like to ride it, but if they only knew how much time and money it takes to keep one up, they would call you a fool!

Seen in a DOO forum

"Of all the 850 vs Sidewinders/Thundercat/ZR 9000's; you are the first I have ever heard that beat one. I know the 850 is strong but it's down 30 hp from the turbo sleds.
I have a low slung fully built( by a well know engine builder) 3 cylinder 800 cc that made multiple dyno pulls over 200 hp on a calibrated Land and Sea dyno and I barely pull my buddy on his stock Thundercat. And I do have video."

Things on NASA headphones that are not good;
"That supposed to be like that?" "What the hell was that?" "Did you just pee in your spacesuit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 09:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopeck View Post

All that being said I rode the last few days in Aroostook county and I would say 90% of the new machines out on the trails were sporting the largest engines their manufacture offers. It's crazy, it wasn't that long ago that if you saw a Thundercat (or what have you) it was of note, you told your buddies about it, now everyone drives them, EVERYONE!

I also noticed a lot more older machines this year. We were sporting an '05 T660 Touring and an '09 TZ1. There were lots of Twin Spars, ZRs first gen Revs etc. I think a lot of families just can't keep a stable of new machines,
In 2012 when the Procross came out. I was at the SnoCross finale at Lake Geneva talking (ironically) with Roger Skime, a couple other guys, and the guy that owns the Arctic Cat dealership in Edgerton Wisconsin. He back then said he could sell all the fan cooled and fan cooled touring sleds all day long because it's half the money of a turbo. He told me "what does a young couple want?" " They want to go snowmobiling, so they buy a touring two-up and a fan cooled single (F570 back then) a trailer and hook that to a truck." He said "that would be all the money they want to spend on the sport, and I can sell that all day long but I can't talk anyone into a turbo"

Owning a Thundercat is like having a totally hot wife..... All of your friends want to see it, feel it and check it out..... They all want to know what it is like to ride it, but if they only knew how much time and money it takes to keep one up, they would call you a fool!

Seen in a DOO forum

"Of all the 850 vs Sidewinders/Thundercat/ZR 9000's; you are the first I have ever heard that beat one. I know the 850 is strong but it's down 30 hp from the turbo sleds.
I have a low slung fully built( by a well know engine builder) 3 cylinder 800 cc that made multiple dyno pulls over 200 hp on a calibrated Land and Sea dyno and I barely pull my buddy on his stock Thundercat. And I do have video."

"That supposed to be like that?" "What the hell was that?" "Did you just pee in your spacesuit"
post #25 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 09:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
Kens is the only one I'm going to. TA is crook, Days powersports is 236 miles away,

You have good taste in dealers haha. Days is great to deal with and willing to go out of their way to help but Kens has always treated me right and is my go-to dealer. What about using a shipping/trucking service? Maybe that would be cheaper than driving yourself and if you can find a super deal somewhere in MN or MI perhaps that will offset the shipping cost?
post #26 of 74 Old 02-24-2019, 10:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
What about using a shipping/trucking service? Maybe that would be cheaper than driving yourself and if you can find a super deal somewhere in MN or MI perhaps that will offset the shipping cost?
No, not shipping anything, I buy it, i go get it. I give them the check, they load it up, it gets registered and I'm gone.

Seen in a DOO forum

post #27 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Sled: ZR8000 C-Tec 2
Guess you don't understand that cat will be moving sleds dealer to dealer, just as car dealers do.
Fast 440, C-note, grosjo and 2 others like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krom For This Useful Post:
C-note (02-25-2019), doorfx (02-25-2019)
post #28 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 07:02 AM

Sled: 2008 600 SnoPro / 2016 Zr 4000 LXR
My buddy bought a 2015 7000 RR for a song at a dealer in Green Bay just earlier this winter, I don't know which dealer. There are plenty out there.

2008 SnoPro 600
post #29 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 AM

Garage
Sled: 16 Bearcat XT, 06 T660 TT, 05 S/Cat 600
ATV: 03 400 4x4 auto FIS, 05 300 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krom View Post
Guess you don't understand that cat will be moving sleds dealer to dealer, just as car dealers do.
I thought they did that anyways if you want them to. I know mine did for my Bearcat in November 2016.
doorfx likes this.

Current Sled rides
2005 Sabercat 600 EFI LX
2006 T660 Turbo Touring
2016 Bearcat 2000XT

Past Sled rides
1993 Pantera 550 EFI
1980 El Tigre 6000

Current ATV rides
2005 A/C 300 manual 4x4
RTR Bushings & shock bushings
Motobatt Battery

2003 A/C 400 auto 4x4 FIS
RTR Steerlites & Shock Bushings
Motobatt Battery
26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR's

Past ATV rides
2003 A/C 400 manual ACT 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to 660catman For This Useful Post:
doorfx (02-25-2019)
post #30 of 74 Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Sled: ZR8000 C-Tec 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
I thought they did that anyways if you want them to. I know mine did for my Bearcat in November 2016.

They always have, but it seems like some in here don't understand that
660catman likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ArcticChat.com News > Arctic Cat News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode