deep water last week now wont turn over - Page 2 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
All terrain ect.. repair/service manuals A place to share manuals

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 10-29-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
playing in the water with an atv can be a costly event real fast there ATV's not boats folks?
My ATV mechanic neighbor across the street from me told me about 8 months ago he's done with the deep water stuff. I would have thought by now he's spent enough in repairs and time spent to buy a new ATV and he's doing the labor himself. He's got a Yamaha Grizzly and a Kawasaki Brute Force that's all jacked up with the 30" big tire's and all the other bells and whistles.

According to most owners manuals these ATV's are designed to be in water if you have to be to a max of the floor boards, I don't know about SXS never owned one. Dealerships and parts men love the deep water guy's.

Tony

John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him,I am the way,the truth,and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,but by me.

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Raider Rear Cargo/Storage Box
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards/PM Mirrors
Yamaha Raptor 660 Petcock Mod

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4X4
GBC Motorsport Spartacus ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Warn Winch
(SOLD: Back To The Dealership)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 10-29-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator

Super Moderator
Sled: Radio Flyer vintage late seventy's
ATV: XTZ V2 550H1 50
First I want pics of the 73 bronco. Would love to have one, but prices went up and my time to restore/fix went way down. Got myself a Jeep JKU rubicon as a third car for now. The Bronco will have to wait.

Have you researched the process on bringing back a swamped atv. Things like multiple oil changes, flushing the case with diesel etc......

I didn't get the sound clip to work but I'm not that tech savy. A cat can survive a drowning if it wasn't ran after the water got in. It's really a hit or miss thing, some run for ever after and other break something requiring a rebuild.

When to get it back going, put a snorkle system in.. Get those air intake/exhaust up higher. (3)
emtskiboe likes this.

xtz,v2,550h1,50
post #13 of 14 Old 10-30-2018, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

ATV: Wildcat 1000
Well the thing is i did try a restart and it started 3sec maybe then dead and then drained the air cleaner. Most of my errors showed low voltage, but I do think it hydro locked on the restart try. I would like to do my best to at least get it started again but any the starter not spinning is going to take some trouble shooting and My time is limited on working on it at the moment.
Anybody have the info on the direction of rotation of the starter and magneto side. I could easily spin it counter clockwise but not clock wise and it all sounds good except the click on the front cylinder.
Snorkel and better judgement are for the future but I want to get this thing going again before the weather is going to make that impossible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

ATV: Wildcat 1000
if I need to have it repaired any tips on Cat repair places it is Sturgeon Lake MN.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > Utility ATV repair and maintenance & Troubleshooting > All terrain ect.. repair/service manuals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode