Something That's Really Been Bugging Me Today Really - Page 2 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
All Other Brands Of ATVs Discussion (NO ARCTIC CATS) ATV Forum for discussions about all other ATV Manufacturers OTHER THAN ARCTIC CAT

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 08-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 3,008 Times in 2,780 Posts
Garage
ATV: 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800
You should install an inline filter so it doesn’t happen again
T.Ray likes this.

2013 700 XT TRV EPS :
28" Bighorns on bed linered 08 Prowler rims , Wireless winch remote, 3000LB. Warn winch, Heated front and rear grips, Cat relay wiring harness for accessories, LED light bar, 08 650 trv LTD rear box, Heated rear seat, Elka stage 3 shocks all 4 corners, Aftermarket A-arm bushings, aftermarket sway bar bushings(prototype), Deluxe brush guard bumpers front and rear, Red anodized Hause fairlead, beverage opener winch hook, Synthetic winch rope, RTR motor mount bushings, Dynojet PC5 programmer, Dynojet Autotune, [/B]

07 500 Gone but not forgotten;
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 08-19-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorfx View Post
You should install an inline filter so it doesn’t happen again
Yep I agree that has already been thought about and mentioned.

I thought a little more about the labor pay situation and since my neighbor won't give me a price quote with how much time I'm going to suggest to my BIL to give him about $75-80 bucks. Since I told him that my BIL bought a newer quad he has sort of put off working on the Kawasaki, like put him on the back burner so to speak. Nothing against my neighbor because I know he is busy, but when he found that out it was not such a priority to get it done quick the way I'm looking at it.

Tony

John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him,I am the way,the truth,and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,but by me.

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4X4
GBC Motorsport Spartacus ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Warn Winch
Raider Rear Cargo Box
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards/PM Mirrors

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter

post #13 of 14 Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 1,061 Times in 933 Posts
07-08 Mileage: 2 few
06-07 Mileage: ^^^^
Based on past decades of 250 4-stroke Tecate service history, I’m very surprised this unit still starts “without” needing to be push started in 2nd gear (to turn engines internals over much faster than even a new healthy starter/battery combo could ever accomplish) in compensation for super tight valve clearances creating low compression...?

Those things are notoriously known for that very issue..

I’m wondering if “just maybe” that has finally caught up with his lack of maintenance....?

Who, me?! Don't listen to me.... (I don't know anything, evidently...)

Quote:
If it's cnote approved it will work good
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoBBD View Post
That is freeking sick man........
Don
0637-185: '99 Sno-Pro APV (guide and button) update kit p/n...
0637-186: '99 Sno-Pro APV superseded valve inserts update kit p/n...
https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/z-z...tml?highlight=

http://www.randakksblog.com/more-on-...fear-the-corn/

"Arctic Chat is not affiliated with Arctic Cat Inc. in any way, shape or form. We are an enthusiast site run by fans."

(Are you experiencing issues with your local dealer? Feel free to call Cat Consumer Complaint @ 218-681-8558)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 08-22-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-note View Post
Based on past decades of 250 4-stroke Tecate service history, I’m very surprised this unit still starts “without” needing to be push started in 2nd gear (to turn engines internals over much faster than even a new healthy starter/battery combo could ever accomplish) in compensation for super tight valve clearances creating low compression...?

Those things are notoriously known for that very issue..

I’m wondering if “just maybe” that has finally caught up with his lack of maintenance....?
I don't know that much about the tolerances on those little Kawasaki engines to be honest. Right now I'm waiting on a new oem petcock that I ordered to get here, I think we have pretty much narrowed it down to the cause it won't stay running now to being a bad petcock. You can try to start it, kick start that is, and nothing. My neighbor said it would crank right up first kick after he overhauled and re-install the carburetor. You can fiddle around with the petcock switching it back and forth and it starts right up, but then you have to feather the throttle to keep it running and then it will eventually die. We are thinking the diaphragm in the petcock it messing up starving it of fuel, we hope . Otherwise when it is running it does just fine,no smoke,no backfire, it goes like a bat out of hell.

Tony

John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him,I am the way,the truth,and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,but by me.

2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4X4
GBC Motorsport Spartacus ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter
Warn Winch
Raider Rear Cargo Box

2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4
Deestone Swamp Witch ATV Tires
UNI Air Filter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > All Other Brands Of ATVs Discussion (NO ARCTIC CATS)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode