Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

ZR580 idle question

620 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  94ZR580 
#1 ·
I just got a 97 ZR 580 EFI the other day. It starts fine but after a minute it idles up to about 3800. It also is not engaging or moving. I haven't looked at it much yet, but the coolant is also gone. I added some and it is gone after running for a couple times. Wondering where to start with it. Thanks guys. Also it is 90° out if that affects anything.

#4 ·
Not into the EFI's but check and see if you spray carb cleaner around EFI throttle body boots if the sled revs up. It may have a cracked boot. Spray around the back of the primary clutch and see also. It may have a bad crank seal. I'm sure the pros will chime in soon.

Is there any antifreeze on the floor?

#6 ·
Some places to check for a leak would be: damaged heat exchanger, water pump leaking, coolant hose rubbed thru under recoil starter on frame, rate but possible, bad o-rings in head (are pistons silver on the top?) or a possible base gasket. Just a few things to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.