Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Closest spot in tunnel?

603 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  kwebersole 
#1 ·
On a zrt or powder extreme in this case, where is the closest spot between the tunnel and track, i it up front at the cooler but where in relation to the drivers? I need a new track so i measured it and i came up with a little more than 2in from the outside of my track to the fins on the cooler? So if thats right, i can stuff a 1.75 track in there and it will clear fine, right?

#2 ·
what about by the rear mounting points. Also remember that your tack deflects with speed. how much? IDK

#5 ·
thats kinda what I ment. But say if you had a 1.5 inch clearence I would run a 1.25 IMO

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
And you would be correct Sir!! I put 8 tooth drives in and am running a cobra track 1.35 height and she has a slight rub there at high speed when the loose side of the track is coming back to the top of the sprockets for another round of "traction engagement."

#6 ·
I've got a powder extreme. The front exchanger was about a 1/2" from the stock track(1-5/8" if I recall)at most. I had to use extroverts to get to a 2" track. I honestly don't think 1-3/4 would be safe to run

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.