Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

idle issues

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  koby36 
#1 ·
Hello looking for some help. I have an 01 440zr snopro. My problem is that on last year's first and only ride it wouldn't stay running. I then turned in the idle screws quite a bit and got it to idle by its self. Thought everything was good. Trying to prepare for some riding this year I discovered that it will idle fine this year but when I let it warm up a bit and then Rev it up and spin the track it will idle way down and die when I let off the gas . If I try to hit the gas I can't get it going again. Guessing my adjustments didn't help. Also wondering what this sled should idle at. Don't have a manual for sled. Thanks for reading my book. Lol. Any help appreciated. Thanks again

#2 ·
Idle should be around 1700 rpm. When was the last time the carbs where clean? They are sensitive carbs

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Called local cat dealer they said 1500rpm idle. Adjusted the carbs a bit. Hard to fine tune but got it really close. About 1700 as Pelle15 stated. Think I'm good now. Don't know when carbs were cleaned last but I am running seafoam thru it. Coolest part we've got snow!!!!

#4 ·
Take the time to pop the carbs off and go through them good. Get them good an clean. The hour or two you spend to clean them now is going to be far better than the weeks your off the trail rebuilding your motor because you burned it down from dirty carbs. Plus your not getting max potential out of the sled. SNO-PRO sleds are touchy as it is, but super easy to work on. Those carbs are a breeze. Seafoam does not do anything other than stabilize gas. It may say it does all those other wonderful things, but really it doesn't. We independently tested all of those things in school. Best bet is some elbow grease and carb cleaner.

#5 ·
Agreed. Take them off and give them a good cleaning making sure to pull out every jet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Hey guys. My o1 440 zr sno pro idles good when first started or so I think. Then slows down and dies after engaging the track. Can't throttle it back. Whet do dealer to get float gaskets etc to clean carbs. I was asked what the sled was doing. I was told that this sled was disigned to do work that way being a race sled. I was also told if trail riding this sled to hit the kill switch when crossing roads when a car is coming. If no car just hammer it and keep going. If the carbs are clean and air screw 1.5 turns out idle screw 7.5 turns out will this thing still not idle after engaging track? I'd rather sell it than deal with it out on the trail. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.