Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

First snowmobile got really cheap

4K views 51 replies 10 participants last post by  dirtrunner42 
#1 ·
Hi new to this just just got a couple sleds for dirt cheap less the 300 in trade heres tge list
95 Arctic cat zrt 800. Fixed with reading fourms from here
92? Arctic cat prowler 440
And a couple polaris indy
This is the fist season ever snowmobiling the sleds are kinda ugly and rough but most of the run with minor work.
Will get pic if anyone intrested in my adventure s

#5 ·
Sounds like he got more than three sleds for 300 bucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
So a little back story on the sleds . the prowler 440 was a mess when i got it all the cooling fuel and oil lines were cut or missing. Blow and piced together head gaskets and a blown base gasket.one cylinder is glazed but they have 115 @130 or so compression i think buying new gauge soon.no hood no windshield it was bad.
The zrt not so bad just carbs showed up in a box with with the reeds and stuff and all the electric all not there guy said it had a short and a lot of hood damage it got

#17 ·
Pelle, i thought it looked like it too, but it could be the odd chance of slight buildup due to it running rich.

I wouldnt attempt riding the sled this winter, without tearing the jugs off and checking everything out. Id rather be safe then sorry.

#19 ·
If it was me, i would run them this yr, then next spring tear that zrt down and do full rebuild not only will it look ALOT better but it will mostly likely run alot better, but tear it all down to bear minimal as it gets really hard to try to rebuild a sled in sections. Great score though you will have some real fun this winter.

#34 ·
I agree with kwebersole

Solid tear down is the way to go. Be surprised once you start removing parts how many broken parts you will find. Nothing worse then spending cash in one area to put it back together and have something break and tear her down again. Comb it or don't do it, of course we all have to do what we got to do to ride.

#21 ·
Nice score ! ( on the Arctic Cat's anyway, my eye's still hurt from seeing those red and yellow sled's). That Prowler is a 1990, at least that's what hood it has, you'll be able to tell the year by the serial number on the tunnel. Looks like you have yourself some nice projects before the white arrives.

#23 ·
The zrt has never been into you can tell there's no marks on the head or anything the Prowler has been into a couple times you can tell I've been into it once. Not a snowmobile mechanic but I've been around engines lol.
Thinking about doing a wipe down and see what they look like lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.