Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

97 powder extreme question

2K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  pelle15 
#1 · (Edited)
97 powder extreme project.

Can I mount my skid on my 97 Powder extreme 600 in the mounting brackets below the running boards, without changing anything else. I am in the prosses of rebuilding it Cat happy so if anybody has any tricks or mods let me know. Also has anybody made there own anti-stab kits?

.......guess it became more than a question......

#27 · (Edited)
So reviving my very old thread here, but we finally go snow, and we got 3ft. So we were really running our sleds hard. And of course it showed the weak points in this old sled. First i blew up my starter and now there plastic pieces all over the place mixed with started rope fuzz, used a strap rapped around the started cup to start it. Then i had a stud tear out thankfully it didnt hit the cooler, after looking the track over i ended up cutting 8-9 more studs off that were tearing (BTW never put a stud a 1/4in from the side of the track, not sure who studded this thing), so going to need a new track but this should last the rest of the season. My seat must have been dry rotted so when it got cold, it tore all over the place, so my question is cani get a after market seat that will at least semi match the tank? The stock seat is too low for me. Other then that this thing rips, sounds good with the can on it and, you can really feel the difference with the 20-39 gearing, my zrt 600 could never catch it. Now just need to see how a REV will hold up, to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.