Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1998 Arctic 600EFI help! please

620 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wyelde 
#1 ·
Hi guys, working on my first 600EFI. I was given a snowmobile and a box full of parts (chain case/gears/bolts/nuts etc). I think I'm all set for putting it back together except for the crankshaft. It appears not to be centered anymore, its pushed off to one side, making it difficult to put the chain case back in place. Looking for ideas on the best way to get this shaft centered. Thanks in advance for and help.

#2 ·
Can you post pics. The chain case and the crankshaft have nothing to do with each other. Do you happen to mean the shaft that the secondary is on?? That goes across to the chain case.

"Yep go figure, another one from the cellular device"

#3 · (Edited)
If your problem is actually with the drive shaft going into the chaincase, I would loosen up the other side behind the clutch. The bearing on that side has a locking collar, but it could have slid on the shaft. I would change that bearing anyway just because it is a common failure item. when reassembling, don't tighten the locking collar until the chaincase side is right.

If you mean that the drive shaft is just not centered, your track may just be pulling it back. Loosen the track tension, remove pressure on the torsion springs, and make sure the track is properly set in the Drive cogs, and you should be able to get the chaincase back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.