Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1998 and 2000 tcat build thread

20K views 111 replies 16 participants last post by  Thunderstorm 
#1 ·
Well, here we go!
Figured i would start one too,to help others and so i can rember what the hell i did.
I have had the 98 for a year now,and the first pics are when i got it home.3000 miles,m-10,blt frt suspension,avenger racepack,etc.
Crank was bad so i had to do some motor work.a few know whats done....but well just keep the motor stuff a secret for now,lol! Lets just say stock pipes and can and v force reeds....so it could be stock i guess.
Took the m-10 out,new studs,painted winshield.Pics coming tomorrow....ipad wont let meI dunno
Mods coming this year:
136 track 1.125 with new studs.new m series seat,tunnel extension,new green hood,new winshield,paint rear suspension,gear change....probably not much more planned.
Anyway,i love this sled and now i have a 2000 zrt to go along with it.
Mods coming this year:
Paint hood, new graphics,install track from 98,paint rear suspension......thats probably about it.i bought this from fijjity on here.....so it really does not need much else.

#4 ·
hahaha... us tcat guys can keep a secret though, have to do something to keep up with the "new" technologythumbguy

1st pic=The day i got it: backrest, m-10, and all.2nd pic= the way it sits now.Other pics=stuff to go on it soon.

Attachments

#5 ·
Heres the 2000 zrt 1000...98 TCAT motor, pretty much stock....REALLY!
Real clean, the pic has it with a 136 in it...will have a 121.Just needed paint on the hood... doing that now.Also the track thats going on it.

Attachments

#7 ·
Haha, thanks again for the deal....sold my 600 to my friend for 750....same guy i bought it from originally,lol. Gotta give some deals to get themClap

#9 ·
Update:
Changed direction, the 2000 was soooo clean, i put the 1000 motor from the 98 in it (still stock... just like that one better, lol!).More room for studs and the taller lug 136 track.Changed the hood and windshield on the 98 and still need to put the green skis on.
Repainted hood on the 2000 and new graphics also.In the process of a tunnel extension on the 2000 and should have it on and the track studded this weekend.Need some snow to do some tweaking on gears and clutching.Here are a few pics.

Attachments

#11 ·
Ill throw a date out there to get it started: Feb 1st & 2nd at LPL.How does that work ? Ill have em both there..unless i break one, im kinda hard on toysCat happy

#15 ·
i would enjoy being part of a mich-t/cat get together. where is "LPL"? i have been working hard the last few weeks to get all the sleds ready for snow....redoing all those waterpumps is killing me..lol..mike

#12 ·
Just wondering on the paint job for the 98, did you tear off decals and paint the whole hood or did you tape off the decals? If you tore them off where did you find new ones? I'm thinking of repainting my 96 ZRT 800 hood but cant find new decals as the current ones are starting to fade and crack. Any info helps, thanks!

#13 · (Edited)
#17 ·
The one i got from you is...that sled is ready to rock for sure ....that combo is in the 98
The 2000 chasis,longtrack and different pipes......possibly really different pipes, lol.....might need some work

#18 ·
Extension complete and 99% done with the 2000,just a few small add ons and touch ups....but she's ready for snow nowCat happy

Attachments

#19 ·
Again nice jorb... the shop is getting turned over for sled dooty all november as soon after we have our interview with a smalltime tv show producer tuesday. Lookin to be part of a lill grassroots oriented show.

November is sled prep month... for me... for you its relax and do snodances :/

#23 ·
Sweet sleds. The green cowl on the 98 looks excellent...Cat happy

Lime
Thanks.
With the black windshield...looked terrible.I like it with the green and when i install the new green skis, and some spindle decals....it should look even better.
One of my lucky friends will be driving it mostly....i expect o be on teh 2000 90% of the time

#25 ·
haha, my wife and daughters dont like the cold.....Might sell (or trade) the 98 this winter .

#26 · (Edited)
Update:
Installed the green skis on the 98 this weekend.Also put the orange grip plates on (thanks Rob).Just ned some snow and fresh gas...and its ready for a rip !Cat happy
Found some Simons CPR pipes for the 2000.Tried them with the black majic can, but they were too loud.Getting a stock can (from rocket 900) and with that, that sled is also complete...right down to the trail permit.I do expect some gearing changes (24/39 now) but who knows , i may like it the way it is.
I have to get my buddy to pick thet 600 up from me (on the trailer) also. Then i will have 2000+ cc's of fun on one, two place trailerCat happy

Attachments

#31 ·
Installed some footpegs on the rear of the 2000 today...and no, they are not for a passenger!

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Hahaha. Its easier to shift your weight forward to keep the front end down. Should be better this year with the newer chassis and 136.... But last year the 98 was a real handful.i like to try to keep the skis touching at least a little at 80Rockerdude
BTW Fijjitty, funny....i actually Treated that dull seat an hour ago, you know me pretty good, lol!

#37 ·
Its a deal.
I going for a rip next weekend somewhere....i dont care if its in the MUD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.