Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Did something to my sled,now the battery light won't come on and the sled won't start

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  razor_burn 
#1 ·
Hey,

So I found a wire with a ring connector close to my battery, looked like a ground wire, but it wouldn't reach to the negative terminal to the battery, so I (stupidly) decided to make sure it wasn't supposed to be connected to the positive terminal of the battery and it sparked when I touched it to said terminal.

Now when I turned the key to on today there is no battery light or click and wurr for the fuel pump... Checked one fuse in line with a positive cable and it's got continuity...

Other things to check...?

Thanks in advance.

Sled is a 1993 EXT EFI 550

#2 ·
PHEW! Turns out it was the key switch, which is odd because I just replaced it last year with a replacement from Royal Distributing... Gave it a smack on the floor and some jig-a-loo and it's working fine again.

Followed the mystery wire around the back of the battery compartment and it ends up at the negative battery terminal, so I'm going to bond it to the motor.

I thought for sure I'd done something disasterous. :Bangin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.